Video: Bitwig and Ableton 9 comparison

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
john gordon

Re: Video: Bitwig and Ableton 9 comparison

Post by john gordon » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:50 am

I was warned nicely. One more mess up and I'm banned though..
I know you will all be so happy when I'm gone..

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am

People should only be banned if they seem genuinely sociopathic / unable to moderate their own behaviour. Everyone says something which is offensive to someone else from time to time. That's what apologising, back tracking, and the occasional post-deletion is for.

Back to elocution. Where's prof Higgins gone?

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 am

TomViolenz wrote:[
I would welcome it very much if future moderation would only redact within these clear boundaries of common decency!
likewise. I didn't see the said posts, I was more sarcastically commenting on the fact that threads these days, even potentially controversial Ableton vs Bitwig ones, ended up consisting of a 2 page daft conversation on how to pronounce Ableton and even in this thread something got deleted.

:x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 am

The Finn wrote:People should only be banned if they seem genuinely sociopathic / unable to moderate their own behaviour. Everyone says something which is offensive to someone else from time to time. That's what apologising, back tracking, and the occasional post-deletion is for.

Back to elocution. Where's prof Higgins gone?
here here.

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:56 am

You're confusing sociopathy with Damon Salvatore's "humanity switch". :lol:

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:03 am

So you're saying that all of Vampire Diaries is just a big metaphor? In that case, what does all that blood sucking symbolize? And now that Elena knows that her brother is actually her cousin, do you think they're finally gonna hook up?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 am

OK, I was inaccurate. Not sociopath. Probably NPD, rather.

Post by 102455 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:14 am

TomViolenz wrote:professionals from the field.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:02 pm

102455 wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:professionals from the field.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:18 pm

^ no, Tom, the term was correct, that was just a funny joke, or play on words. And I give it 4 lols.

Sociopathic might be right for most leaders, many of whom possibly start off with the right intentions and just find themselves either corrupted by the system or find the system too corrupt to change. (I think of Peter Garrett here in Australia, former lead singer of the band midnight oil who joined the labour party hoping to do good, then left in disgust).

But I think the real leaders are the psychopaths, and they are the biggest problem we face as a planet. We have a system that favours psychopaths and allows them to rise to the top, rather than vetting them and preventing them from holding positions of power. And our future survival literally hangs on it.

I was thinking about this the other day when I was on the bus and an old lady dropped her shopping, she went to get up to get it but another woman stopped her and insisted that she stay seated and organised 3 other people to get it for her. These little random acts of kindness and consideration actually make up the vast bulk of my experiences of other human beings in my immediate everyday life - little things like "no, you go first" in the shops, things like that I see every day - far, far more than I see people being genuinely nasty or evil. Maybe it's just where I live, but I think most people are pretty decent and considerate and have compassion or concern for other humans around them. The reason we have thrived as a species is due to our ability to work together.

The only real acts of evil I see daily come from the top - the leaders of governments and corporations. I think it's actually a prerequisite that to get to those positions you have to be a psychopath, and ruthless enough to do things most other people wouldn't do. And the schools that are intended to produce the leaders (i.e. Eton, and the Ivy league etc...) actively encourage this behaviour.

The only solution is to be self sufficient and make them more and more irrelevant. Unfortunately they have all the weapons, and when their soldiers are all robots we're screwed. 8)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 am

I've given a nomination for this thread to be weirdest and least cohesive bitwig thread. :lol:

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:22 am

eyeknow wrote:I've given a nomination for this thread to be weirdest and least cohesive bitwig thread. :lol:
+1

Give them no attention, I say. ;-)