American Hustle

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

American Hustle

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm hard pressed to think of a single film I've seen in my entire lifetime that was more underwhelming than this fucking movie.

omfg.

After the ENDLESS fucking hype and praise what I'm treated to is an incredibly weak and pedestrian film from start to finish. Great performances? Who cares. The muddled plot/storyline/motivations were absolutely awful.

I did take away one very important thing after watching:

There's only one Scorsese.

ffs.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

slatepipe

Re: American Hustle

Post by slatepipe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 pm

harsh words feller :) i liked it quite a lot. enjoyed the acting.

have you seen 'under the skin' though? fuckity fuck that was excellent. the soundtrack's out in a week or so. i'm definitely getting that

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:24 pm

I couldn't make it 30 minutes through American Hustle, I didn't get the hype either.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:32 pm

:lol:

Yeah, it was very strange all around. Very confusing to watch what you know are pretty great performances delivered in almost a caricature type manner. That's what it was, really; that's where Scorsese always nails it - creating the most believable characters...

On a positive note, I finally saw Wolf of Wall Street. Really liked it...a welcome return to classic Scorsese. It sort of fell apart towards the end but still great.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Treshell

Post by Treshell » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote::lol:

Yeah, it was very strange all around. Very confusing to watch what you know are pretty great performances delivered in almost a caricature type manner. That's what it was, really; that's where Scorsese always nails it - creating the most believable characters...

On a positive note, I finally saw Wolf of Wall Street. Really liked it...a welcome return to classic Scorsese. It sort of fell apart towards the end but still great.

yea, even Jonah Hill's character and performance was excellent. Better than any of the scene-chewers in American Hustle.

David O. Russell seems like a total hack. I'm glad Clooney decked him.

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:34 pm

I Heart Huckabee's is a disaster of a movie, but goddamn it, I love it.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Just like the recent stand up working desk craze I’ve determined I need to watch recent movies standing up or I’ll fall asleep. While attention spans have exponentially decreased the Hollywood elite assholes have decided they should produce movies that milk it for as long as possible. They should also be honest about extended versions and name it The Zero Value Added Cut. :x