Bitwig is the Killa!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Bitwig is the Killa!?

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:33 pm

After years of wasted time here on the forum asking for logically simple features and a better workflow it seems the wait has an end, sad but true its not because of Ableton. I will never forget the arrogance that Ableton showed me thru the years even as a registred user? they never seems to understand what the people wanted, and the concept of Live was totally messed up with Bugs, that would take ages to fix, and so many features was left out, even if the buying users wanted them! If i had known that Ableton would be such a arrogant company, i had NEVER spent any euro on that company, thats said today!

But now it looks like the wait has an end, thanks to BITWIG! I have been working with Bitwig since the release one and i am blown away! Not one crash since i installed it! The workflow just beat Live on all areas and it feels so natural to work with. The concept is much better than Live everything is right at your fingertips at all times, no more Live clutter here! The meterring is the best i ever saw on a DAW and it makes it so much more fun to work with and looks "Killa". The instruments works great, and seems more logical to me than the instruments in Live? The sound of Bitwig is nothing else than "Amazing" and the look and feel is so much better than Live even at release 1.0.2! The effects seems simpler, but does a great job and they sound "Very Good"! I could mention so many other great things about my experiences with Bitwig, but every Live user should test for him or herself, believe me, you will feel right at home.

Offcourse Bitwig has alot to do in the future, but they release Bugfixes FAST and they listen directly to their users on KVR, and thats COOL! In the future Ableton will have to change the way they work otherwise "Henke" will play "Live" with "Bitwig" in a couple of months, thats for sure!

UPDATE: "This Ableton vs Bitwig" article from Computer Music Magazine, seems to fit just perfect into this post! I am NOT alone when i compare something i got with something new on the market! And i did in RESPECT to Ableton and its users add a "?" in the titel! :lol:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/bit ... e-597761/1

Heres some pieces from the review;

"Now, two years later, Bitwig Studio is real, released and very much its own DAW. It’s still evidently built on Live foundations, but beyond that, it undeniably pushes the envelope in numerous areas, making Ableton's seemingly untouchable music production and performance giant look at times conservative and behind the curve."

"To describe Bitwig as any kind of successor to Live's throne after only a few weeks on sale, then, would be ridiculous, Or would it..?"

"Live's inability to give access to its Arrangement and Session views at the same time has been a perennial issue among the Ableton faithful, so the Clip Launcher has been a cornerstone of Bitwig's pre- and post-launch marketing."

"Bitwig’s solution takes the prize for its simplicity, economic use of real estate and ergonomics"

"Oh, and the Big Meters in Bitwig’s Mix View are pretty sweet, too, giving those who don't use the Clip Launcher something else to fill all that empty space with, as is triple monitor support, should you be well-equipped enough to need it"

"Yup, that means Bitwig can handle audio and MIDI clips on the same track - a feat made possible by its Hybrid track class. In summary, Bitwig's in-place rendering leaves Live's looking positively archaic."

"Also landing a punch for Bitwig is native OS X full screen support. Live's non-native equivalent gives a full screen view, but sits it on top of all your other apps rather than giving it its own OS X Space."

Offcourse this is just the benefits of Bitwig, but Live also beat Bitwig in some other areas, but how long?

Welcome to the Future.....Guys! And Girls! :lol:
Last edited by xzusa8ky on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

c33

Re: Bitwig is the Killa!

Post by c33 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:46 pm

It sounds like all your prayers have finally been answered. I'm happy for you!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=259

^That's the link to the new forum you can post in from now on.

Bye!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Bitwig seems to be the answer to a lot of Live user's dreams. I'm happy for you. I don't think I'll make the switch. Bitwig just isn't for me.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:54 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:the concept of Live was totally messed up with Bugs
Bugs was a great feature. Works exactly as expected.
xzusa8ky wrote:Offcourse Bitwig has alot to do in the future, but they release Bugs
That's straight up copying!

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:15 pm

kb420 wrote:Bitwig seems to be the answer to a lot of Live user's dreams. I'm happy for you. I don't think I'll make the switch. Bitwig just isn't for me.
Funny! Have you tried it? Dont think so, but you will for sure......One Day! :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 pm

I switched to Logic years ago. I didn’t realize I should have marked the occasion with a scathing post to Ableton. I suppose I was under the assumption that there were still users who enjoyed using Live. I now realize I should have informed them they were lying to themselves based on my experience. I also now realize that liking the features I found in Logic should have been a call to arms against Ableton for not having the same features, and dare I say, quality.

This post has been eye opening.

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:40 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:After years of wasted time here on the forum asking for logically simple features and a better workflow it seems the wait has an end, sad but true its not because of Ableton. I will never forget the arrogance that Ableton showed me thru the years even as a registred user? they never seems to understand what the people wanted, and the concept of Live was totally messed up with Bugs, that would take ages to fix, and so many features was left out, even if the buying users wanted them! If i had known that Ableton would be such a arrogant company, i had NEVER spent any euro on that company, thats said today!

But now it looks like the wait has an end, thanks to BITWIG! I have been working with Bitwig since the release one and i am blown away! Not one crash since i installed it! The workflow just beat Live on all areas and it feels so natural to work with. The concept is much better than Live everything is right at your fingertips at all times, no more Live clutter here! The meterring is the best i ever saw on a DAW and it makes it so much more fun to work with and looks "Killa". The instruments works great, and seems more logical to me than the instruments in Live? The sound of Bitwig is nothing else than "Amazing" and the look and feel is so much better than Live even at release 1.0.2! The effects seems simpler, but does a great job and they sound "Very Good"! I could mention so many other great things about my experiences with Bitwig, but every Live user should test for him or herself, believe me, you will feel right at home.

Offcourse Bitwig has alot to do in the future, but they release Bugfixes FAST and they listen directly to their users on KVR, and thats COOL! In the future Ableton will have to change the way they work otherwise "Henke" will play Live with Bitwig in a couple of months, thats for sure! :lol:
Seriously man, I've been eagerly awaiting your review of BW. Gonna miss your contributions on here but happy you've found peace at least.

Godspeed!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:
kb420 wrote:Bitwig seems to be the answer to a lot of Live user's dreams. I'm happy for you. I don't think I'll make the switch. Bitwig just isn't for me.
Funny! Have you tried it? Dont think so, but you will for sure......One Day! :lol:
Well, as long as Bitwig doesn't have basic Ableton Live features such as:

1. Track Folders
2. Input Quantize
3. Hot swapping for drum rack pads
4. More flexible midi routing
5. Better vertical track zooming
6. "Snap to zero crossing" in the drum machine's sample editor
7. Groove extraction and groove quantize
8. More than one color scheme for GUI
9. Mutiple output support for vst's, and
10. A crossfader

I'll be staying with Ableton Live.

By the way, how is the PDC in Bitwig Studio???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vcXEvMVOcU

Smdh.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

biestyboy

Post by biestyboy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 pm

beats me wrote:I switched to Logic years ago. I didn’t realize I should have marked the occasion with a scathing post to Ableton. I suppose I was under the assumption that there were still users who enjoyed using Live. I now realize I should have informed them they were lying to themselves based on my experience. I also now realize that liking the features I found in Logic should have been a call to arms against Ableton for not having the same features, and dare I say, quality.

This post has been eye opening.
Well said
Live 11 Suite (64 bit)
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Plugins galore
Push

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:53 pm

I purchased a Samsung TV last year and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Geek Model

Post by Geek Model » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

PDC is fixed in 1.0.5

DJTIVA

Post by DJTIVA » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Bitwig may be cool and has some good features from the start but they lack when using external synths and gear. This off course will be optimized in the future but till then is no option for me.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 pm

The behavior of the transport & record count-in for the Clip Launcher (e.g. session view) is completely counter-intuitive to me in Bitwig. I can't use it, at all. Recording into a clip slot never starts when I want it to, other clips start playing immediately whereas the new clip starts late, it records unwanted clips into the arangement when I only want to record into the Matrix / Clip Launcher, it doesn't reset the transport to Zero after stopping recording, the list goes on and on... It's such a mess I honestly don't understand how anyone is using it succesfully. Does everyone just record direct into arrangement? doesn't that defeat the point of the whole matrix sequencer to begin with???
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 pm

mholloway wrote:The behavior of the transport & record count-in for the Clip Launcher (e.g. session view) is completely counter-intuitive to me in Bitwig. I can't use it, at all. Recording into a clip slot never starts when I want it to, other clips start playing immediately whereas the new clip starts late, it records unwanted clips into the arangement when I only want to record into the Matrix / Clip Launcher, it doesn't reset the transport to Zero after stopping recording, the list goes on and on... It's such a mess I honestly don't understand how anyone is using it succesfully. Does everyone just record direct into arrangement? doesn't that defeat the point of the whole matrix sequencer to begin with???

Friend. You don’t get it. Ableton has not fixed or added some things after repeatedly being asked/told/begged to. Therefor Bitwig is objectively better.

Hope that cleared it up and you will now enjoy being super productive with Bitwig.

nemoy

Post by nemoy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:46 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:...it looks "Killa".
...and we all know, nothing can beat that!