multiple analysis files?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
jayemell

multiple analysis files?

Post by jayemell » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to create multiple warp analysis files for a single audio file on disk. Basically, I frequently run into a situation in which I want to access a single file on disk in a number of different ways w/r/t the way that it is warped in ableton.

Do people usually create a special project like this that lives next to the audio file on disk, which can be referenced later, or is there a way to have multiple warp files referencing one audio file on disk that I don't know of? Typically what happens when I click 'save' is that whatever file that was there is overwritten. If there is a solution to this, it would save a lot of disk space.

I suppose this could be considered a feature request if it doesn't exist, but I'm curious what people do in their production process.

Thanks,
jml

jayemell

Re: multiple analysis files?

Post by jayemell » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 pm

I should mention I am aware that you can copy/paste these individually between ableton sets.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Drag the warped clip into the browser. Name it anything you want.

jayemell

Post by jayemell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:50 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Drag the warped clip into the browser. Name it anything you want.
that was too easy. 8)
thanks!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:10 pm

It is also great for using Live's search function. You type up part of the clip's name and all your instances should be available to bring into your set.