Bitwig is the Killa!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

xzusa8ky

Re: Bitwig is the Killa!

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Ableton vs Bitwig from Computer Music Magazine fits just perfect into this thread.........!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/bit ... e-597761/1

I am NOT alone when i compare what i got with something new on the market! :mrgreen:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Ableton vs Bitwig from Computer Music Magazine fits just perfect into this thread.........!

I am NOT alone when i compare what i got with something new on the market! :mrgreen:
Here's the bottom line:
Ultimately, while Bitwig Studio may be able to claim the more cutting-edge, flexible feature set, it is the newer DAW of the two, and Live still outshines it in many areas. No one should be in any rush to switch without carefully considering the pros and cons of both.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:01 pm

kb420 wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:Ableton vs Bitwig from Computer Music Magazine fits just perfect into this thread.........!

Here's the bottom line:
Ultimately, while Bitwig Studio may be able to claim the more cutting-edge, flexible feature set, it is the newer DAW of the two, and Live still outshines it in many areas. No one should be in any rush to switch without carefully considering the pros and cons of both.
Thats right, but still the different in years between the DAWs are more than 10 years so i think thats logical........But again i think it will be very interresting to see how the both apps will progress in the future, maybe a new 3rd version will come where all is included!? :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:08 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Thats right, but still the different in years between the DAWs are more than 10 years so i think thats logical........But again i think it will be very interresting to see how the both apps will progress in the future, maybe a new 3rd version will come where all is included!? :lol:
If anything, I just think that Ableton will respond with a newer version later this year that will include some of Bitwig's features plus a few more that Bitwig doesn't have. That will be a good thing for all involved.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

tone61

Post by tone61 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:24 pm

kb420 wrote: If anything, I just think that Ableton will respond with a newer version later this year that will include some of Bitwig's features plus a few more that Bitwig doesn't have. That will be a good thing for all involved.
This competition should be great for people who have both DAWs.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:50 pm

kb420 wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:Thats right, but still the different in years between the DAWs are more than 10 years so i think thats logical........But again i think it will be very interresting to see how the both apps will progress in the future, maybe a new 3rd version will come where all is included!? :lol:
If anything, I just think that Ableton will respond with a newer version later this year that will include some of Bitwig's features plus a few more that Bitwig doesn't have. That will be a good thing for all involved.
Hopefully, would be THE thing! :mrgreen:

Buleriachk

Re: Bitwig is the Killa!?

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:18 pm

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Well, as long as Bitwig doesn't have basic Ableton Live features such as:

1. Track Folders
2. Input Quantize
4. More flexible midi routing
5. Better vertical track zooming
9. Mutiple output support for vst's, and
Hm, I am not buying Bitwig....

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Of course the "listing things it doesn't have" game can be played both ways. I notice their automation can snap to to the grid, just for one example. Or perhaps the fact that they seem to have their PDC all sorted now. That sort of thing. You can play it both ways.
So, I really wouldn't play "it's not got X feature how dare they" game. You look silly. Because trying to critique a Version 1 versus version 9 its like comparing a 3 year old to a 14 year old. If they compete at all in the same race its a miracle. And If the 3 year old has anything at all on the 14 year old, it's a little sad.

zjqQqES2

Post by zjqQqES2 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Bitwig is Ableton's prodigy offspring.
It inherited many of Ableton's genes but, nonetheless, is still a rugrat.
Ableton, however, is a veteran software. It's a stable environment that can be refined, reconditioned, upgraded, etc at anytime given time.
That being said, you'll see a monumental overhaul with the next Ableton release.
So monumental, I'm sure the people who's made the transition will most likely come screaming back like little girls. :D

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm

For me what matters is not features but integration and focus.

The clever thing about Live is that it has a few basic and simple concepts that allow great customizability and flexibility.

My fear is that BW will invest its energy in flashy ideas (LAN based and internet collaboration) that will just lead to feature creep and lack of focus.

My hope is that we will see a few basic and important shifts in Live ( better midi and audio editing, more flexible routing) ... The no brainers ppl have been asking for.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Yes i did also post the link in the start post, interresting reading.......Gosh i like when a bit competition is going on! Its exiting.... :D

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:08 pm

mbakirov wrote:
Well, as long as Bitwig doesn't have basic Ableton Live features such as:

1. Track Folders
2. Input Quantize
4. More flexible midi routing
5. Better vertical track zooming
9. Mutiple output support for vst's, and
Hm, I am not buying Bitwig....
Yes you are write thats some good arguments, lets see how long it will take on the other side` :D