One year out...how are things looking?

Discuss Push with other users.
skatr2

One year out...how are things looking?

Post by skatr2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi all! I've been out for a bit. Trying to focus on school which leaves no time for production work. Just re-installing abes on a new PC and wondering where we are a year out after push? Work flow the same, better, or worse? I know bitwig just released. Don't really want to see all the "I jumped ship" comments because I am happy with the product I have. Just wanted to see where things were going here.

tedlogan

Re: One year out...how are things looking?

Post by tedlogan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:02 pm

I've had Push since around August. Still use it most days, or rather, whenever I use Live. I suppose for some the workflow is neither improved nor hindered, for others irrelevant, and for many enhanced. I'm in the latter camp - I can't imagine using Live without it. Well, I have a few times, and it sucked ass.

Since its release the only MAJOR update was the addition of the note step sequencer, which once again, is only useful to some. I use it a lot when I don't wanna think and just enter notes on a scale to see where it leads me. Per step automation is great, really cool workflow.

TomViolenz's community mapping is a must have if you use Live's devices a lot - it provides full mapping (99.9%) of all of Live's devices' parameters, which Ableton failed to give us, and is something I still don't understand.

I haven't purchased the PXT script (only $20) for Push yet, but I only hear great things from everyone, and that it expands Push's capabilities massively.

And, welcome back.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Like what I see on that pxt stuff. Will need to get on that once I get a few more things installed.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:11 am

It's pretty good so far. A couple of niggles that bug me. The pad sensitivity is a bit off compared to maschine for example. I also run into issues with the metronome not working if there is a clip already for count in (annoying) and apparently, there is significant latency with the footswitch for recording (haven't tried it yet myself though)

Overall, it's been a lot of fun though. Expensive but worth it describes how I'd rate it.