Pretty Much all the questions I have about Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
0neTwo0neTwo

Pretty Much all the questions I have about Live

Post by 0neTwo0neTwo » Sat May 18, 2013 5:52 pm

after doing all the built in lessons and reading the whole manual these are all the things that confuse me

I would really appreciate the help of all my fellow users out there in solving these personal mysteries of mine

Thank You ahead of time, page numbers refer to location in the Manual

Places > Live 8 Library (Should I delete or keep??)
is Live 9 Suite duplicating exactly what was contained in the Live 8 Suite?

CPU Load % increases as well as some static when using some of the M4L devices, whats up with that?

Instruments > Drum Rack > only preset found there is “Vintage Drum Rack”
-kit moisty
-kit phazy
-kit Vocody
is this normal, i thought there were more kits than this??

Why can’t I add the “Templates” folder to my “Places” section in the browser???

Kapture (M4L Device) “recall snapshots by launching MIDI clips” (p2/4) in the lesson
this doesn't work for me, how can i find out how to do this properly?

I don’t have the image of the weird Wizard Guy in the Max Instrument “Vocalese like I used to when using M4L in Live 8. What happened to him??

(p.128 9.2.4) Quantizing Audio -Command/hotkey did you(Ableton) mean to write Command + U?

Is there a difference when holding Shift & arrow key to extend or retract selected timespans and holding Shit + Command + Option?

(p.144)
Holding Shift and clicking on the Piano Roll to select all notes with the desired key track.
it does this with or without holding Shift. Is there any difference?

TO NOTE - Arm Session recording sometimes has become greyed out, do you(Ableton) know what this could be caused by??

(p.145) Drawing multiple notes and velocities at the same time without releasing the mouse button
How do you draw multiple notes that are not in the same key? All i get is duplicates in a row when in draw mode and without releasing the mouse key.

ROUTING
-why can’t you add Return tracks from other Live sets when merging information?

(p.186) Instrument Container Track
-set the input chooser to “No Input”, the Record Arm Button goes away to prevent confusion that the track is just an “instrument container” , but the Record Arm Button comes back when you route other MIDI tracks to it.

When using live input to monitor Soundflower channels, blasts of unpredictable static clouds occur, any info as to why this may happen??

(p.231) Hold down Shift while clicking the plugin edit button does not bring up a different type of window for me

17.2.2 Plugin Performance Options
“As Audio Buffer” Plugin /Buffer Size are non existent in my prefs, does this happen to be because its in 64bit mode?

(p.274 20.2.5) - can you save your clip envelopes as presets??

(p.283) The Video Window
-When double clicking it goes to fullscreen and works fine, however when Option + double clicking to restore to the original size the video disappears, it becomes just a black screen and I have to restart Live to get it back

(p.294 TOP) what does “For Sample and Hold refer to??

“Device presets that are saved by me show up in Audio Effects Category as well as Places > User Library. Is this how it’s supposed to work??

(p.341 2nd paragraph)
what is the difference between boosting before the band or after it?

Why are the Resonator Device presets named after cities, just curious??

(p.370 Last paragraph)
On/Off balance - this parameter never shows up when switched to triggering from “Note Off messages”

What is the use/benefit of triggering from a “note off message”?

(p.444 Bottom)
B,M,L and R buttons, why do they sometime light up and sometimes appear greyed out?

(p.572 33.2.6 & 33.3.6)
How do I know what my setting is for internal recording?

(p.588 35.2)
“Under Windows” = only on PC not on a Mac??

If I am using the Apollo by Universal Audio as my I/O then why can’t I route something such as Reaktor in stand alone mode back into live as an external instrument??

Is there a way to force Live to permanently lock to a certain controller until i tell it to do otherwise. I mean whenever a MIDI track is armed not just when i rightclick and manually choose to do so.

Sampler > Zone Fade Mode - my Sampler only shows LIN, no Auto or Pow selections

when updating the BPM of Live it doesn’t update in Looper Device, playback does but not visually

LOOPER FEEDBACK ROUTING

Vocoder - if not in a vocal booth and everything exists in one room then how do you prevent feedback?

I use my current version of Live 9 Suite with the Apollo Quad Interface by Universal Audio. When I activate all the Inputs and Outputs and then send the audio from a track to “Ext. Out 3/4” for instance i see signal but I hear nothing, where does the signal go??

:lol:

outsidesys

Re: Pretty Much all the questions I have about Live

Post by outsidesys » Fri May 24, 2013 1:38 am

tl;dr. But all that work, and no tip of the hat? Shameful!

0neTwo0neTwo

Post by 0neTwo0neTwo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:18 am

8O :P

Thank You so much for all your replies

I guess im just too picky

a lot of what you said help me to just ignore the imperfections and just have fun using Live the best I can

again I appreciate your time and effort - I have just been a bit busy with life, I wasnt trying to ignore you

https://soundcloud.com/0netwo0netwo

HorusProject

Post by HorusProject » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Wow that was a huge time lapse.

I don't think Funken (Frank N Furter) is about anymore. Not seen him post since December when he had a falling out with another forum member.
Kaon Flux