Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
regretfullySaid

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Shad wrote:Hey Mots I was wondering if there's a notification I could get M4L to recognize when switching through the User 2 sub-modes.

There's a handy M4L patch called wjl.launchpad.interface that allows for easier editing for USER 2 interaction for the LP. It recognizes when USER 2 is activated. The problem is with LP95 since there are 3 sub-modes for User 2. Fortunately, the functionality of your 2 sub-modes remains, and I can still use that max patch for the original User 2 sub-mode, but the LEDS don't update when you switch through the sub-modes. The 2 sequencer sub-mode leds will overwrite the original User 2 leds if a clip is playing, but when you go out of USER 2 and then go back in the LEDS update to how they were last set up from the max patch.

I'm hoping there's a possibility between the script and API end to see if M4L can recognize when/which submodes are switching. I've been looking through the MainComponentSelector part of your script. I assume the only way if possible is to look for activity in the Component/Control aspect of the framework, which M4L may be able to recognize, depending.

Any idea?
Mots wrote:i took some time to figure out this max4live compatibility problem and figured out a way to make launchpad95 work nicely with max4live devices that use the user mode 2. Using live.observer to monitor property "mode_index", expecting value "2" for user mode 2 now works as expected ! great news !
Close, Mots! (mode_index is id -22 for me btw) It's already possible to get a bang when User2 is entered, or a boolean. The problem is to recognize which SUB-mode you're in when you go into User2.
If you have a Max patch specific for the original user 2 mode, it's most likely that you'll have your leds init from a bang or '1' when User 2 is triggered.
But if you go into User2 in one of your sub-modes, and not the original (red), you don't want those LEDS to load. That's the main issue. It doesn't matter which sub-mode you're in, those leds will always load:/
On the plus side, it's purely a cosmetic issue.

I'm still calling you a pimp daddy mofo, but if we can get sub-mode recognition, that would be dog balls.
ImageImage

mots

Post by mots » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:39 pm

sharkey1508 wrote:hey ablwton forum first time poster,

i know im going to get raped for this but for the life of me i cannot get this to work, the weird thing is i have it working on my other laptop fine, in this case sony vaoi 8gb ram i3 ableton 9.0.5 i have launchpad 95 in my dropdown menu i select with ins and outs as lauchpad but it just turns the launchpad off, well by the looks of ir

any fix or suggestions greatly appreciated been at this all day

regards
ryan
Hey Ryan,

Check the FAQ on my site. It works from live 9.1.1 onwards.

Cheers

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:40 pm

User 2 Sub-mode issue sorted.

Thanks again!
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:09 am

I have been having this issue where changing from combined step sequencer to the multinote one the overlay doesn't update properly.

The strange thing is that sometimes after a long shutdown, all works properly so might be something with the launchpad, I also have second launchpad connected (which can be the problem, but I also tried with only 1 connected), still trying to figure out why it happens, but thought it might be worth posting in case someone has the same problem.

Some updates: It seems like if i drag directly a preset drumrack this happens, but if I try to switch the stepsequencer on a empty midi track it updates properly and if i then re-drag that same drumrack it works, but the colours get a bit messed up (instead of having everything green like normally, I get some mix of green and ember).

5argon

Post by 5argon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:28 am

Hey, bug report!

1. If you press user1 mode until its red and then go back to session mode, you can't use any of the launch scene button!
2. When you're in session view mode, if you hold down session view button something weird will show up...
3. The note up/down selector button in Combined Mode sometimes behaving incorrectly. Sometimes it doesn't work. Or sometimes it works only if I select some drum sound in the current page first.
4. In Combined Mode, select one of your instrument in lower-left corner then press user2 from orange to green, my currently selected clip's notes will be seemingly replaced with something odd or disappeared altogether. (Can press Undo to get them back all at once)

All tested on Launchpad Mini, Beta 9.1.2 b4

mots

Post by mots » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi all,

After some silence, i found the time to fix some bug and add some updates !

The quick scale mode in instrument mode has been improved: this quite experimental and should allow to switch with the relative major/minor scale with a single press of button. i also added keys to navigate the circle of fifths. check the documentation.
5argon wrote: 1. If you press user1 mode until its red and then go back to session mode, you can't use any of the launch scene button!
2. When you're in session view mode, if you hold down session view button something weird will show up...
3. The note up/down selector button in Combined Mode sometimes behaving incorrectly. Sometimes it doesn't work. Or sometimes it works only if I select some drum sound in the current page first.
4. In Combined Mode, select one of your instrument in lower-left corner then press user2 from orange to green, my currently selected clip's notes will be seemingly replaced with something odd or disappeared altogether. (Can press Undo to get them back all at once)
all these bugs should be fixed now !

Zubben wrote:I have been having this issue where changing from combined step sequencer to the multinote one the overlay doesn't update properly.
and this one too !

as usual the update is on my site :

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

enjoy

bernyhome

Post by bernyhome » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:13 am

DELETED POST

cqma

Post by cqma » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Wow, thanks for the update of your fantastic script!
Will try it later.

I hope one day you will succeed to remove the problem with the note duplicates notes when something is moved in the editor. :)
keep up the great work!

mots

Post by mots » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm

cqma wrote:Wow, thanks for the update of your fantastic script!
Will try it later.

I hope one day you will succeed to remove the problem with the note duplicates notes when something is moved in the editor. :)
keep up the great work!
eventually i will at some point.
the quick workaround is to leave the step seq mode.

maylortaylor

Post by maylortaylor » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:54 pm

I'm curious, is there a 'note repeat' function in the User2's Combined Mode? I see this feature on he push and it really helps to build interesting hi-hats quickly. Especially when you switch the quantize while holding the note down.

I dont really see how this could be done and i'm sure you've thought of implementing it. I am just curious if it was on your agenda for the future or if i should try and come up with my own way of emulating this feature from the Push.

LOVE your work!

RD444

Post by RD444 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Totally loving LP95 its the bomb

I'm thinking of updating live

Is LP95 compatible with the latest version of Live?

Or which version is it compatible with.

Cheers
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.

RD444

Post by RD444 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey Ryan,

Check the FAQ on my site. It works from live 9.1.1 onwards.

Cheers
whoops just seen this :D

I'm off to read the FAQ
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.

ronmen

Post by ronmen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Can I play chords (pushing three buttons all together) with the LP95 ?
I use an earlier LP95 version but still Abelton 9(.0.1) ..
Just not possible to play more than one not at one time..

Thanks for helping out!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:59 pm

That issue probably has to do with the vst/instrument you were using. If it is set to mono instead of poly.

ronmen

Post by ronmen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Last edited by ronmen on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.