Weird Behavior When Automating Kontakt Instrument in Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Foresonic

Weird Behavior When Automating Kontakt Instrument in Live

Post by Foresonic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi! I've been having a very strange problem with automating a Kontakt instrument in Live. I'm specifically trying to automate its attack parameter. It seems to appear under the automation menu under the instrument's name (in the arrangement view) once I click or change the respective knob in Kontakt, but when I automate it like I normally would, there is no audible change.

I then proceeded to go change the attack parameter in the Kontakt instrument itself, and I saw that a dotted line on the automation area moving (I'm guessing it means that it's not a currently selected automation). I tried looking for that automation in the menu, but the only automation that appears is the one that I clicked on or changed last in the Kontakt instrument. My guess is that the automation settings and parameters somehow got mixed up and I'm trying to automate nothing. Any ideas what's going on here, guys? I'd really appreciate any help!

Foresonic

Re: Weird Behavior When Automating Kontakt Instrument in Live

Post by Foresonic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Well, I was able to fix it myself by deleting the track and creating the instrument again, but I'm still confused about why that happened in the first place. Very strange.

dixie237

Post by dixie237 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Sometimes weird stuff like that just happens!! Its always best to troubleshoot by "starting again". Save project as..... :D

Foresonic

Post by Foresonic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:34 pm

dixie237 wrote:Sometimes weird stuff like that just happens!! Its always best to troubleshoot by "starting again". Save project as..... :D
Yeah, I'll definitely be sure to do that from now on. Thanks! :)