Feds approve 'powdered alcohol'

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Vivo

Feds approve 'powdered alcohol'

Post by Vivo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm

As if alcohol, marijuana, caffeine, and pills of various kinds aren't enough to give Americans a buzz, the federal government has approved a new product: powdered booze, reports Gawker.

Even the company behind it, Palcohol, says the U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau's approval caught it off guard. The product is now expected to hit shelves in the fall, giving consumers six just-add-water options to choose from, including straight options like vodka and mixed offerings like Cosmopolitan, reports Eater.

A sampling of the company's old website copy and new (at Palcohol.com) may reflect a little legal advice:

Then: "We have found adding Palcohol to food is so much fun. ... Some of our favorites are the Kamikaze in guacamole, Rum on a BBQ sandwich, Cosmo on a salad and Vodka on eggs in the morning to start your day off right. Experiment."

Now: "Can Palcohol be added to food? I suppose so. ... As Palcohol is a new product, we have yet to explore its potential of being added to food."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... l/7960361/

USA!!!!
USA!!!!
USA!!!!

regretfullySaid

Re: Feds approve 'powdered alcohol'

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Snort responsibly :lol:
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:02 pm

shadx312 wrote:Snort responsibly :lol:
This has the potential to go very badly…

:lol:
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm wondering if we should hold a bet to see how long until it becomes illegal.

I suppose one of the first of many of our thoughts are news reports of kids snorting it and the unfortunate things that ensue, worst being death of course. Unless it ends up being more flavor than content and that it would take a lot to get fucked up, but then there's still the nasal erosion from prolonged use issue...

I dunno, I'm thinking it's going to be a short term issue that's really used as another distraction from more important issues/news that's going on. Remember, can't have people thinking/noticing/passively being informed about more important issues going on in the world.

Pretty sure it's become a standard tactic to conjure up silly things like this just in order to cover up another specific issue that the public could be concerned about if it was brought up to the forefront more ie coverage of a missing plane vs coverage of some new bill that will get passed to give corporations more power as long as the public aren't aware about so they can't bother their local representatives about it (not that it might have any influence but it doesn't hurt to try)

So I guess that's my take on it, I don't think it will last long, but if I watched the news I suppose I'd look forward to the hijinx that ensue. There's no shortage of idiots and troubled people to provide us all with entertainment and make us feel better about ourselves.

Curious to try it though, on a burger and my brain. Probly feels shitty though. I expect snort=bad dizziness not unlike the feeling you get after being on a tilt-a-whirl for 20-minutes. Not fun at all. Probabl best to stick to bath salts.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:01 pm

fake.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 pm

now, if only we could get unreasonably over sized .jpegs in powdered form

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Ctrl -

No one respects detail anymore :x
ImageImage

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm

shadx312 wrote: I dunno, I'm thinking it's going to be a short term issue that's really used as another distraction from more important issues/news that's going on. Remember, can't have people thinking/noticing/passively being informed about more important issues going on in the world.
This is not a short term issue. The Chemical lobotomy of the population is a long term agenda.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039742_chemi ... _adhd.html

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Derp, I suppose. The 'I suppose' part is because I would underestimate this, thinking it's ridiculous enough that public backlash would reverse the legality. The 'derp' will probably overrule the "I suppose" because well, this is the US, and we're already too far gone into batshit territory.

I think the late 2000's around the housing crisis serves as a good marker for when things like the 1%, ridiculous laws and lack of justice aren't bothered to be discrete anymore, instead being wagged teasingly in front of our faces. Basically 'you're a peasant and you can't do shit about it' kind of thing, though I don't really have a pessimistic attitude about it; karma's more than a faith imo.

Egg on my face if, for the next few generations, the majority of parents keep giving their kids drugs. I see it as a fad. Also, While the UK may have a similar percentage, this has to be US-centric, so it's not like it's a world-wide epidemic.

BTW
A new trend in psychiatry is the prescription of strong and toxic antipsychotic drugs to children with ADHD as well as other behavioral disorders.
It's not a new trend at all. It became popular in the late 90's to early 2000's.

Also, Ritalin, in my experience, is pretty darn helpful, but in a 'studying for exams sort of way', not in a 'before breakfast, lunch and dinner' sort of way.
ImageImage

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 am

Thanks for the update and the good news beatz01. :!:

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Dunno if it's good news since i was already planning to register a few related domain names with the only purpose of selling them back to Palcohol for LOADS of money.

There goes my business plan :mrgreen:
Last edited by beatz01 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Score

Post by Score » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Tsk tsk.....
And booze is now 98% portable.