Crash Course on Quitting Maschine?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dtomaloff

Crash Course on Quitting Maschine?

Post by dtomaloff » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 pm

I'm considering selling Maschine (MK2) and the few expansion packs I have. I know some of you have been through this, and I've never really sold/transferred software products before. I know I could find the technical info through NI. I'm looking for any "gotchas" I might need to look out for, either on the licensing or structural end. (I also have Komplete 9, for instance. Will they part pretty cleanly?)

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

jasefos

Re: Crash Course on Quitting Maschine?

Post by jasefos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:30 am

dtomaloff wrote:I'm considering selling Maschine (MK2) and the few expansion packs I have. I know some of you have been through this, and I've never really sold/transferred software products before. I know I could find the technical info through NI. I'm looking for any "gotchas" I might need to look out for, either on the licensing or structural end. (I also have Komplete 9, for instance. Will they part pretty cleanly?)

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.
Good on you for doing the right thing and checking this out before going ahead with selling ;)

If your Komplete license is *not* a crossgrade from your Machine license, then it will be possible for you to retain your Komplete license and have the Machine registration removed from your NI user account.

If you've contacted NI's support directly via their website and you've been waiting for several days without any response I'd recommend contacting the local NI distributor in your country and forward them the job ticket number so they can get attention to your case escalated.
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

dtomaloff

Post by dtomaloff » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:24 am

Yeah, the last thing I'd want to do is complicate things unnecessarily.

The licenses are definitely separate, so that shouldn't be an issue. I am assuming the uninstall should go nominally, without negatively affecting other NI libraries (yes?).

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

when i sold my maschine i wrote to NI to ask how the license transfer is handled.
since you already know that your komplete and maschine licenses are separated you can directly ask NI to delete maschine's serial from your account. You will then have to forward the license to the new owner and he/she will be able to register it under his/her account.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A