Don't let Live resample your audio!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Bah, I'm an ass, you guys are right. Sorry, at work today and pretty busy, only been following this thread with half a brain apparently. My thought process was getting to many disseperate things mixed up. :oops:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:34 pm

Tarekith wrote:Bah, I'm an ass, you guys are right. Sorry, at work today and pretty busy, only been following this thread with half a brain apparently. My thought process was getting to many disseperate things mixed up. :oops:
:lol: that was me yesterday, looking like more of the same today. I didn't fully get what was going on until I got home and hit the other pages, at work I don't dig into other pages, I just read the tops of a few pages.

always give 100% at work
10% on monday
30% on tuesday
15% on wednesday...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:38 pm

interpolation does generate noise though. or more accurately it 'shapes' the sound.

And there's a difference in sound shaping between a linear interpolation and spline or hermite. I don't have golden ears, far from it, and I can hear the difference between different interpolations, if I can then anyone can.

that's pretty much why we bother having different types of interpolation - because interpolation is "making stuff up" and any time that is happening to your audio the sound is going to be changed. And I don't mean this happens at some crazy bat hearing frequency - I mean in the audio range.

it's usually pretty subtle - but if you are bothered knowing what's going on it's worth knowing that it is happening.

I only really know about it from attempting to write silly performance time-stretchers and then trying to get a pleasant noise out of them

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:23 pm

who cares ?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:26 pm

wilxon wrote:who cares ?
I do as does angstrom, tarekith, funkster, evernaut, nod, marky, spindrift, and others.

it's people like them that make Live a better DAW by bringing these issues out into the open and discussing them.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:29 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
wilxon wrote:who cares ?
I do as does angstrom, tarekith, funkster, evernaut, nod, marky, spindrift, and others.

it's people like them that make Live a better DAW by bringing these issues out into the open and discussing them.
Fair enough.

sorry.

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:16 am

Funkstar De Luxe wrote: Sigh, who cares. Really, it's a DAW. It works for you. You have no need to uphold it's reputation.
Obviously you care funkstar :wink: ...as a matter of fact so do i.
i dont remember upholding lives reputation in this thread but i have no problem doing so if i feel it's reputation is unfairly judged (this is not something i'm accusing you of by the way)

i do find this thread intersting, i also hope they can improve the sample rate conversion for all of us...but mainly those that are really concerned about it.
in saying that i did a little sample rate conversion listening test between Pro Tools and Live last night and i just couldn't hear the difference...ultimately thats what i base my decisions on when it comes to which daw i use. (right or wrong)

cheers
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Dragonbreath

Re: Don't let Live resample your audio!

Post by Dragonbreath » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Necro post here.

Just wondering what is the standing with SRC now with the lastest version

lunabass

Re: Don't let Live resample your audio!