How to activate and use UVI Ultramini without iLok

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Russound

How to activate and use UVI Ultramini without iLok

Post by Russound » Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 pm

I got a disk of UVI's Ultramini synth that came with another thing I ordered, but apparently to use it it says I not unly have to download UVI's workstation (which can be used as a plugin for Live) but also have to activate the synth through iLok. I never dealt with iLok before and don't have their USB device, I downloaded the iLok license manager but now I don't know what to do since I don't see anywhere in the program where I can register the synth.

The CD also came with a code xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx in the disc case, but like I haven't found anywhere to input it yet.
I have successfully opened the UVI workstation inside of Live but can't open the actual synth because when I go to open the .ufs file it says No Authorization Found.
Any suggestions?

kitekrazy

Re: How to activate and use UVI Ultramini without iLok

Post by kitekrazy » Wed May 14, 2014 2:02 am

Check the UVI website. The iLok is no longer needed.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 am

You have to create an account at ilock.com and sign in to your account within the iLock License Manager.
Then you can register a new product and choose to activate your computer. Open the ilock License manager and in the upper left corner it will say 'Sign In'. There's a Help menu in iLock License manager that takes you to the website.

Russound

Post by Russound » Wed May 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Machinesworking wrote:You have to create an account at ilock.com and sign in to your account within the iLock License Manager.
Then you can register a new product and choose to activate your computer. Open the ilock License manager and in the upper left corner it will say 'Sign In'. There's a Help menu in iLock License manager that takes you to the website.
I had already done all that but there is nowhere in iLok license manager where I can input the license for the synth. Went on their website to, found nothing.

Russound

Post by Russound » Wed May 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Figured out how to do this btw.

After you've created a free account with iLok and downloaded their License manager and signed into it,
you also need to create an account with UVI (too much fuckin signing-up) and then go to Product Registration and enter
your given key. After that it should appear in your iLok where you must click on it and activate it for your pc.
Oh, and you gatta have their latest UVI workstation and redownload your .ufs files to run all the stuff.

WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaay too much crap you gatta do for a simple plugin, pretty cool synth though.
I guess thats the price for piracy, software makers go to crazy lengths to make sure their stuff isn't stolen.
Glad they didn't make me buy their USB thing.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu May 15, 2014 12:41 am

Russound wrote:Figured out how to do this btw.

After you've created a free account with iLok and downloaded their License manager and signed into it,
you also need to create an account with UVI (too much fuckin signing-up) and then go to Product Registration and enter
your given key. After that it should appear in your iLok where you must click on it and activate it for your pc.
Oh, and you gatta have their latest UVI workstation and redownload your .ufs files to run all the stuff.

WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaay too much crap you gatta do for a simple plugin, pretty cool synth though.
I guess thats the price for piracy, software makers go to crazy lengths to make sure their stuff isn't stolen.
Glad they didn't make me buy their USB thing.
That's why I don't buy any of their stuff. I don't think UVI stuff is "must have" that would make me go through that hassle.