Transpose of selected note like current nudge workflow

Discuss Push with other users.
andy_cytomic

Transpose of selected note like current nudge workflow

Post by andy_cytomic » Mon May 19, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm not a perfect player and find that often I get a take that I like the timing of but I hit a wrong note here or there, so I would like to transponse individual notes up or down in semitones to correct the pitch but preserve the timing. Is there any way to do this with Push alone?

Ideally something like the current workflow of holding down on the note on the pads and then adjusting the Nudge, Length -- Fine, Velocity would be ideal. Is it possible to add Note here? It would save me having to go back to Live on the computer, selecting the note there and pressing the up or down cursor a few times.
The Glue, The Drop, The Scream - https://www.cytomic.com

TomViolenz

Re: Transpose of selected note like current nudge workflow

Post by TomViolenz » Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Strangely not in Abletons script, but with PXT Lives clip mode you can. Very conveniant. It's also nice to try this in the DrumRack. There the pitch will change the pad that's triggered.

andy_cytomic

Post by andy_cytomic » Tue May 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the PXT Push scripts. From what I can see these operate on time / pitch ranges, so this isn't ideal for what I want, which is a simple way to change the pitch of individual notes you select like you can currently do for nudge / velocity.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue May 20, 2014 3:23 pm

It does both (there are two sub modes). You want the Event sub mode.
In PXT you can select the note event either via the first encoder, or by holding Select and then pressing the step containing the note. (Instead of just pressing the step in Abletons script)

The advantage of this is that the selection is sticky, so you have your hands free to edit the note or do other things.

andy_cytomic

Post by andy_cytomic » Wed May 21, 2014 3:12 am

Great, thanks very much for pointing that out, it is a little hard browsing through videos to find out specific details like this. I love some of the functionality that the PXT scripts add, very cool.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed May 21, 2014 7:57 am

andy_cytomic wrote:Great, thanks very much for pointing that out, it is a little hard browsing through videos to find out specific details like this. I love some of the functionality that the PXT scripts add, very cool.
You'll love it! :-)