Realtime Bouncing

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Jinsai

Realtime Bouncing

Post by Jinsai » Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 am

Please... Some of my external DSP processing hardware just plays so much better with realtime bounce... and maybe I'm delusional, but I swear it sounds better.

erikomic

Re: Realtime Bouncing

Post by erikomic » Sun May 25, 2014 12:46 am

Just drop a Audio effects > External Audio effects (not available in lite edition)> then rendering Becomes real time "bounce".
There is actually a really helpful manual for live.

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Sun May 25, 2014 12:47 am

Real-Time Rendering
Normally, rendering happens as an offline process. But if your set contains an External Audio Effect (page 316) or External Instrument (page 401) that routes to a hardware effects device or synthesizer, the rendering process is a bit different. In this case, rendering the master output happens in real time. If you render individual tracks, all tracks that don’t route to an external device anywhere in their signal paths will be rendered offline. Then, any tracks that do access these devices will be rendered in real time. Live will automatically trace each track’s signal flow and detect if real-time rendering is necessary. You’ll then be presented with several options when you start to render...

Jinsai

Post by Jinsai » Sun May 25, 2014 5:26 am

that is definitely interesting. I need to try this out with my Virus TI when I get back to the studio.