Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
carrieres

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by carrieres » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 pm

each channel can be specified its own midi input and you can control click to arm several tracks simultaneously
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

mots

Post by mots » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:49 pm

hi all,

new version is there. we some bug fixes here and there. available at the usual spot :

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

enjoy and as usual do not hesitate to report bugs !

Nneya

Post by Nneya » Tue May 06, 2014 10:31 am

Very nice script ! I have a question/request though.

Is it possible, in Session Mode, to change the behaviour of the scene/track selectors in the top row to change banks on one press ? I don't really need to change the selection one scene/track at a time and during performance, to be able to change quickly from a bank to the other without haven to press 2 buttons would be really great !

RD444

Post by RD444 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:10 am

Yo Mots

Sending some love :D :D 8) 8)

"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.

Audriu5

Post by Audriu5 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi! Great job!I found no better script at the moment...Very good job, and very simple to use... I used some older versions as well... By using the newest, updated version, I noticed such possible bugs:

1. by using step sequencer(green user 2)and holding scales selection (top right round button)and pressing for example user 1 or session view at the same time, the scale freezes and the only way to fix this is to go to preferences, select old script "launchpad", then select "launshpad95" again, and only then it gets normal... I get stuck with this a lot... Please write if I am the only one?

2. by using both step sequencers the button "quantize" (3rd scene button), which duplicates clip in a new clip, so when it is locked to current clip, as I understand, it should paste notes as well and get one row lower, but it does nothing, and when it is locked to current track, it should paste all notes and stay at the same place, and when it is not locked, it would be cool, that it does the same thing, but makes new, empty clip instead... :) I hope You understand what I mean.. or do I understand this thing not right?

3. Also, it would be great to get led feedback from user 2 buttons, round buttons light up though, and it is great. But when I map something (like filter freq.) for all the buttons from left to right or from up to bottom, it does not light up. I use my user2 and with no led feedback it gets hard sometimes.

4. The script does not update when I make some arrangement to my effects or instruments.. So I must delete my clips, and press all the buttons to refresh it... It is no such big problem though, I can live with this :)

5. Problems in mixer mode, where are 4 empty, round buttons on the right side of the launchpad, when I map something there, it does not work... and it would be great to have these 4 buttons working and use it.

6.Is it possible in session view to light the selected clip slot in different color, so I can better orientate which slot I am using to easier navigate where I need with buttons "next scene" "prev. scene" "prev track" and "next track" ? It would be helpful by live performance...

I am using launchpad mini, maybe this is why I have such problems?
Thank You!

slanderson89

Post by slanderson89 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am

Hey! So, I really love this script, and it has worked really really well for me, up till now.

For some reason, I am not getting any LED feedback when I have Launchpad95 selected in Live. It was working fine, but then one day just stopped for some reason. I have tried reinstalling it several times and updating drivers, but nothing seems to work. When I select the default Launchpad script I get LED feedback and the device works fine. I feel like I am probably just doing something dumb, but I just can't figure it out, so I figured I would ask for some help. Thank you!!

eightball

Post by eightball » Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 am

slanderson89 wrote:Hey! So, I really love this script, and it has worked really really well for me, up till now.

For some reason, I am not getting any LED feedback when I have Launchpad95 selected in Live. It was working fine, but then one day just stopped for some reason. I have tried reinstalling it several times and updating drivers, but nothing seems to work. When I select the default Launchpad script I get LED feedback and the device works fine. I feel like I am probably just doing something dumb, but I just can't figure it out, so I figured I would ask for some help. Thank you!!
Please check that you're working on Ableton Live 9.1.2+
earlier versions are not supported anymore due to changes in Live API

eightball

Post by eightball » Tue May 13, 2014 9:12 am

Hey Mots!

I am repeating my request. Do you think you could implement scale layout like this? This was taken from FL Studio Launchpad layout.
Those "gray" buttons can be not playable.

And I have second question. I see in python scripts you are using something like:

Code: Select all

self._get_drumrack_device()
self._scales.set_drumrack(True)
[/size]
Is it possible to create and set Impulse scale when Impulse device is selected?

Do you think is it good idea to swap red color of a "start button" to green?
I got confused many times especially playing live which one is stop and which one is start.

erleichda

Post by erleichda » Sun May 25, 2014 1:56 am

Ack! I had 95 working, went back to it for a new project and nothing. Redownload and reinstalled, made sure Live suite was newest 9.1.2. In Live I select the Launchpad95 surface but the device goes blank. nothing. Change back to launchpad as the control surface and it lights up and works fine.

Anything else to try?

mots

Post by mots » Mon May 26, 2014 5:58 pm

erleichda wrote:Ack! I had 95 working, went back to it for a new project and nothing. Redownload and reinstalled, made sure Live suite was newest 9.1.2. In Live I select the Launchpad95 surface but the device goes blank. nothing. Change back to launchpad as the control surface and it lights up and works fine.
check the FAQ on my page. i dont see any reason why it would not work other than the one mentioned there.
Audriu5 wrote: 1. by using step sequencer(green user 2)and holding scales selection (top right round button)and pressing for example user 1 or session view at the same time, the scale freezes and the only way to fix this is to go to preferences, select old script "launchpad", then select "launshpad95" again, and only then it gets normal... I get stuck with this a lot... Please write if I am the only one?
thanks for the report ! fixed.
Audriu5 wrote: 2. by using both step sequencers the button "quantize" (3rd scene button), which duplicates clip in a new clip, so when it is locked to current clip, as I understand, it should paste notes as well and get one row lower, but it does nothing, and when it is locked to current track, it should paste all notes and stay at the same place, and when it is not locked, it would be cool, that it does the same thing, but makes new, empty clip instead... :) I hope You understand what I mean.. or do I understand this thing not right?
Audriu5 wrote: 3. Also, it would be great to get led feedback from user 2 buttons, round buttons light up though, and it is great. But when I map something (like filter freq.) for all the buttons from left to right or from up to bottom, it does not light up. I use my user2 and with no led feedback it gets hard sometimes.
i fixed a bug around that. have a try with the last version.
Audriu5 wrote: 4. The script does not update when I make some arrangement to my effects or instruments.. So I must delete my clips, and press all the buttons to refresh it... It is no such big problem though, I can live with this :)
yes i know about that. i try to keep it simple, and dont monitor changes such as device add/remove etc.
Audriu5 wrote: 5. Problems in mixer mode, where are 4 empty, round buttons on the right side of the launchpad, when I map something there, it does not work... and it would be great to have these 4 buttons working and use it.
i try to keep the mixer mode untouched as much as possible. this just the stock one.

Audriu5 wrote: 6.Is it possible in session view to light the selected clip slot in different color, so I can better orientate which slot I am using to easier navigate where I need with buttons "next scene" "prev. scene" "prev track" and "next track" ? It would be helpful by live performance...
unfortunately the api does not allow that in a easy way.
Audriu5 wrote: I am using launchpad mini, maybe this is why I have such problems?
all launchpad flavours are pretty much the same from the script point of view. this should not matter.

eightball wrote: I am repeating my request. Do you think you could implement scale layout like this? This was taken from FL Studio Launchpad layout.
Those "gray" buttons can be not playable.
not easy to do how the scale stuff is currently implemented.
eightball wrote: And I have second question. I see in python scripts you are using something like:

Code: Select all

self._get_drumrack_device()
self._scales.set_drumrack(True)
[/size]
Is it possible to create and set Impulse scale when Impulse device is selected?
it is not possible to get the scale out the impulse device as far as i know.

eightball wrote: Do you think is it good idea to swap red color of a "start button" to green?
I got confused many times especially playing live which one is stop and which one is start.
i would prefer the way it is as the two buttons above are octave up/down and are already green.

i uploaded a new version of the script at the usual spot with a few minor bug fixes.
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

cheers

maylortaylor

Post by maylortaylor » Wed May 28, 2014 1:47 pm

When playing in USER 1 scale mode. With the 'quick scale' option selected. I love that you added the 5th buttons and the Relative scale buttons. They are easy to get to and help with compositions.

However, i would love if these 3 buttons could change to GREEN once i go into a minor key.

As of now, once i go to a minor key in 'quick scale' mode, all of the buttons at the top are red making it hard to discern what is a root note option and which is a 5th or relative scale button.

Audriu5

Post by Audriu5 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Thank You for the explanations! Bug with scale is really fixed! Great job! :) I am stuck with led feedback in user mode 2 though... It still does not light up for me :/. It would be great if someone could explain me how to fix this. Or should I download some max4live plugin or something to get this work? Please help!

mots

Post by mots » Fri May 30, 2014 4:29 pm

maylortaylor wrote:When playing in USER 1 scale mode. With the 'quick scale' option selected. I love that you added the 5th buttons and the Relative scale buttons. They are easy to get to and help with compositions.
However, i would love if these 3 buttons could change to GREEN once i go into a minor key.
As of now, once i go to a minor key in 'quick scale' mode, all of the buttons at the top are red making it hard to discern what is a root note option and which is a 5th or relative scale button.
good point ! i changed that. it is indeed more readable ! thanks for the suggestion

i uploaded the changes on github and my site.
Audriu5 wrote:I am stuck with led feedback in user mode 2 though... It still does not light up for me :/. It would be great if someone could explain me how to fix this. Or should I download some max4live plugin or something to get this work? Please help!
i know about this led feedback, the problem is that live is sending the midi messages back on the wrong channel. i submitted a bug report to ableton. no idea when they will fix it. by the way, led feedback is also broken with stock launchpad scripts. feel free to report the bug (not mentioning launchpad95 otherwise they will assume launchpad95 is at fault). the more bug report they get, the higher the chance that they will fix are.

thanks for the feedback guys !

chymera

Post by chymera » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:21 am

erleichda wrote:Ack! I had 95 working, went back to it for a new project and nothing. Redownload and reinstalled, made sure Live suite was newest 9.1.2. In Live I select the Launchpad95 surface but the device goes blank. nothing. Change back to launchpad as the control surface and it lights up and works fine.

Anything else to try?

This bug occasionally happens for me. I found a fix though. Go to a blank set, open preferences and save the blank set as the default template. Then reopen your project and it should work. Henri - any idea how to fix this for good ?

mots

Post by mots » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 am

chymera wrote:

Anything else to try?

This bug occasionally happens for me. I found a fix though. Go to a blank set, open preferences and save the blank set as the default template. Then reopen your project and it should work. Henri - any idea how to fix this for good ?
hey bren, hi erleichda,

i could not really reproduce it.

could you send me a log when that happens ?
go to menu -> help -> get support. and then email me the .alp file shown in the right panel.

thanks !