Bass Heavy Fusion Song Feedback

Share your tracks with other users.
DJ Jarp

Bass Heavy Fusion Song Feedback

Post by DJ Jarp » Thu May 08, 2014 3:48 am

I am looking for honest and valueable feedback on this new track i just did a second master on. This song started out with me trying new chord progressions in Fminor, but I really tried to focus on the bass sound design, especially on the second half time drop. Any and all comments are welcome. I hope you enjoy my 4 on the floor and half step BASS production. I mixed and mastered as well as did all the sound design on this song, even to the lyrics and bongos recorded in.

Thanks for the time and listening. :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/295 ... %20mp3.mp3

Army Ant

Re: Bass Heavy Fusion Song Feedback

Post by Army Ant » Sun May 11, 2014 1:13 pm

If Dr.Dre was european,and a science engineer,I'm pretty sure he would sound like this. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: In some strange way I hear a little Celldweller in this track.

DJ Jarp

Post by DJ Jarp » Sun May 18, 2014 4:56 pm

haha even to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Dr. is pretty cool. thanks for the feedback.

Army Ant

Post by Army Ant » Tue May 27, 2014 7:53 pm

To be honest, if this was denser, and just a bit modified through different sounds it would actually (with someone rapping over this) like quality modern hip hop. That's the way I hear it. In the original form I like it ....With some changes I definitely think this would be quality stuff. You've hit a good idea here. Keep up the work.

Mr Mowgli

Post by Mr Mowgli » Wed May 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Yeah I feel the mids need a bit of a boost as per most hip hop, it's slightly lacking that mid thud?
Ben Jay - Founder, Prime Loops [2GB Free Download for my friends...Click Banner!]