Business email idiots

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Business email idiots

Post by beats me » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

The short list...

People who don’t bother typing out a subject line :x

People who never reply to all when everybody copied can/will help with whatever their needs are :x

People who never reply to all WHEN YOU TELL THEM TO IN THE EMAIL :x

People who never reply to all and then bitch when people (plural) aren’t replying to them :x

People who reply to all when they shouldn’t (ie: company-wide promotion announcement “congratulations!” reply to all) :x

People who copy in upper management who have no need to know or be involved :x

People who reply to their own email 10 times before anybody else has a chance to reply, usually supplying more information that they should have included in the original email :x

TO BE CONTINUED.

beats me

Re: Business email idiots

Post by beats me » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

People who don't know which communication method is appropriate and frequently choose the wrong one.

PHONE CALL: "I have a question about these fourteen 11 digit part numbers. Have a pen to write them down?" :x

EMAIL: "I need an answer to this in the next 2 minutes." :x

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:25 am

Fuck do you work in the same company I do?

People who reply with 3 words when you send through a page of details...

people who dont even bother with punctuation. put in no commas question marks breaks in sentences or even use stpd shrt ledge in their msg or anything which makes it twice as hard to figure out what the numbskull is on about

People that don't even bother to send a mail to let you know they have actioned your request or that you need to do something important... Then blame it on the Mail Server :evil:

People in general!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 am

People who send email. Period. :evil:

Princess Buttercup

Post by Princess Buttercup » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 am

People.

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:44 am

Who even uses e-mail anymore? You may as well be sending carrier pigeons :x

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:19 pm

TheNobleNemesis wrote:Who even uses e-mail anymore? You may as well be sending carrier pigeons :x
Because they do what they need to and do it well?!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:59 pm

I miss the days when people just yelled to each other from across the floor. Or telepathy.

Last place I had to deal with this kind of stuff, the boss had an automated 'morale booster' that was the first email for everyone to read that was a paragraph written by corporate trendsetters of the past couple hundred years. In theory, doesn't sound like a bad idea. The problem was that there were only a handful of them, so they repeated after a couple of weeks. I think she just wanted to have something like that but didn't know how to look for it and came across the simplest method she found.
People who reply with 3 words when you send through a page of details...

PHONE CALL: "I have a question about these fourteen 11 digit part numbers. Have a pen to write them down?" :x

EMAIL: "I need an answer to this in the next 2 minutes." :x

^ That ^
ImageImage

chrk

Post by chrk » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:10 pm

shadx312 wrote:I miss the days when people just yelled to each other from across the floor.
Oh, we still do that. Most of these conversations end in "Wait, I'll just email you the link." :lol:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Ha! True
ImageImage

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:15 pm

People accidentally forwarding a previous conversation is my favourite.

EG:

Hey beats how you comin along on that project? no rush guy, don't wanna rush you. Me and dex just need that thing. Ok. cools. Whenever you are ready guy. OK. good.

-Jay
dex wrote: Hey Jay, tell that fucking dick beats to get his ass in gear or I'll come down then and beat him with his fathers penis for old time sake. fuck that guy. really fuccckk heeeem.
Jay wrote: Hey Dex, Beats is being a giant cunt again. I don't know what he's doin down there. fuck me I hate that guy. what a giant whale anus.
what do you think?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Angstrom wrote:People accidentally forwarding a previous conversation is my favourite.

EG:

Hey beats how you comin along on that project? no rush guy, don't wanna rush you. Me and dex just need that thing. Ok. cools. Whenever you are ready guy. OK. good.

-Jay
dex wrote: Hey Jay, tell that fucking dick beats to get his ass in gear or I'll come down then and beat him with his fathers penis for old time sake. fuck that guy. really fuccckk heeeem.
Jay wrote: Hey Dex, Beats is being a giant cunt again. I don't know what he's doin down there. fuck me I hate that guy. what a giant whale anus.
what do you think?

Or when replies are put AFTER the long ass EG that also happens to be the conversation you're currently having.
Which must be some Outlook setting someone must've fucked with for that to happen
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 pm

People who lazily send you minimal information so you have to do all the research yourself, information they could have provided to help you out and save time. :x

Related: People who think you are their personal assistant because they can’t manage their shit. Your frequent “team player” hand holding is enabling their bullshit while they continue to collect a paycheck despite not really doing their job. “Thanks so much!” is your reward at best. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Princess Buttercup wrote:People.
this :x

people who use the acronym EOM (End Of Message) in the subject line and then type more in the body of the email anyway :x

people who use the acronym EOM (End Of Message) in the subject line :x

people who use the acronym OOO with a date behind it for out of office :x

that funking wanker beats me who i'm going to beat with Dex's father's penis for old time sake :x

people who work at jestermgee and beats me's company which is clearly the same company i work with :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:02 pm

H20nly wrote:
Princess Buttercup wrote:People.
this :x

people who use the acronym EOM (End Of Message) in the subject line and then type more in the body of the email anyway :x

people who use the acronym EOM (End Of Message) in the subject line :x

people who use the acronym OOO with a date behind it for out of office :x

that funking wanker beats me who i'm going to beat with Dex's father's penis for old time sake :x

people who work at jestermgee and beats me's company which is clearly the same company i work with :x
or smth
ImageImage