How to make custom categories in Browser's Drum Hits!!

Discuss Push with other users.
thegoodsirjames

Re: How to make custom categories in Browser's Drum Hits!!

Post by thegoodsirjames » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 am

sorry and the other minor issue was that some racks (eg Abbey road) seem to be very quiet and at the moment I am going to each sound individually and turning them up. But there is probably a way to do this globally for each rack that a relative novice like me is not aware of...

queglay

Post by queglay » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:29 am

Glad your enjoying it!

The readme describes a path that you must copy the Maschine sample library into and rename it. I'm guessing this is probably what was missed. email me through the provided support email if we need to resolve it in further detail...

I find with the new routings the maschine VST presets are superior to the live rack presets now- because you get to maintain all the intended levels and effects those artists added and that can make all the difference on those artist kits especially!

As for volume, this may be resolved with just a midi velocity effect or changing the sensitivity curve of your push perhaps.
Load VST Presets from Push's Browser!
http://www.audiomodder.com

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 am

Yes you're right that has solved it. I am really having fun with this - thanks again

queglay

Post by queglay » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 am

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 am

cool thx. let me know if you need any help with Windows version...

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 am

This is so cool for anyone who, like me, has been fiddling around with various Maschine templates to use NI sounds in live. You now have NI kits on Push's step sequencer, and all the NI sounds with Push's extra pads and scale choices. Plus it opens up so many more possibilities for automating effects on NI sounds and kits. Love it! Easy to install even for a technically challenged person like me. Nice one Queglay!

kultschar

Post by kultschar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:54 pm

thegoodsirjames wrote:This is so cool for anyone who, like me, has been fiddling around with various Maschine templates to use NI sounds in live. You now have NI kits on Push's step sequencer, and all the NI sounds with Push's extra pads and scale choices. Plus it opens up so many more possibilities for automating effects on NI sounds and kits. Love it! Easy to install even for a technically challenged person like me. Nice one Queglay!
Yup it really is fantastic, I find myself building a sequence and flying thru NI Instrument presets "auditioning" sounds / FX etc at an astounding rate with PUSH and in fact trying presets that I prob would never have bothered trying normally!!

I hate to say it but at the moment I feel it is pretty pointless plugging in my Maschine controller at the moment

arrgrr

Post by arrgrr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:47 am

@queglay:

I bought your bridge and for the most part it works as expected and is worth the money for the maschine kits alone but it seems that it does not allow me to have my kontakt library outside of the default place (/users/Shared), symlinks and aliases don't work. This is a shame, I think it is very common to offload huge libraries onto a second hard drive, I for one don't have room for such things on my boot drive (smallish SSD). Any way around this?

queglay

Post by queglay » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 am

Are you on osx? Your problem isn't the case for other users, so I'm sure you can get it working.
I myself do not have my kontakt libraries in users/shared and this is not required.
The Reaktor VST presets reference library names, not file paths to my knowledge. You should be able to place the sample libraries wherever you want.

You must have all the libraries installed and loadable in kontakt 5 standalone, and if you don't have komplete ultimate you might have to remove a few preset folders like alicias keys and others that are not part of komplete standard. Be sure that you are loading presets only for banks that you own.

Let's continue working this out through the provided support email so we can get it going.

arrgrr

Post by arrgrr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Ok, I sent you an email just now...

arrgrr

Post by arrgrr » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Just some feedback. I was reporting a problem three posts up. queglay has been very helpful and active in fixing that problem. Everything works like it should now (kontakt needed updating).

Anyway this is well worth the 20$ IMO.

queglay

Post by queglay » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:18 am

@sigabort -

I have been able to add reaktor, battery and kontakt to that list for windows compatibility now.

Successful Windows presets tested for Push's Browser: Maschine, Reaktor, Kontakt, Monark, Spark, Razor, Prism, Massive, FM8, Absynth, and Guitar Rig

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Does DJ LIMBs hack still work - because there is a comment in this thread: http://jointhestudio.com/blog/2013/04/1 ... -dj-limbs/

....that says it only worksin versions BEFORE Live 9.0.5.

Should I go to the trouble of implementing this hack, or should I just stick to loading 128s?

*mumbles something about how Push should have had user sample library browsing from the start*

queglay

Post by queglay » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:18 am

I dont think its necesary since places can work off folder names now.