parameter values are not correctly restored upon save

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
jayemell

parameter values are not correctly restored upon save

Post by jayemell » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 am

Apologies for cross posting.

I'm having the following issue:
http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/param ... upon-save/

Has anyone come across this?
I'd imagine that most people who have worked w/ M4L have come across it in one form or another...

Thanks,
jml

djorno

Re: parameter values are not correctly restored upon save

Post by djorno » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:14 am

Not sure if this is the exact same problem you're experiencing, but I've had lots of trouble with values/mappings being retained when using M4L devices. For example, I'll map several parameters of various devices to an audio effect rack, map a randomizer to the 8 macro knobs of said rack, and things will work dandy during the session. But if I exit Live, and re-open the set, I'll often find that the randomizer is only mapped to 6 of the 8 knobs now for whatever reason. The parameters are still mapped, but the macro knobs have been reset to 0 and un-greyed. More often than not it's the macro which I've mapped a ping pong Dry/Wet control to (not sure why it is this more than other parameters... same with feedback).

Anyway, it's really tedious to re-map certain parameters each time you load up a session. I posted about this elsewhere and got not responses. I've searched online for answers but found nothing so far. It's really frustrating.

T0n1

Re: parameter values are not correctly restored upon save

Post by T0n1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:30 am

In your cycling74 post you state that you're editing the device, then parameter values get lost. This has to do with preview mode, for more details see viewtopic.php?f=35&t=204700#p1609050 about workflow in M4L.