FIFA World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
TomViolenz

FIFA World Cup

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 am

We are about the only online forum left with no thread on it. So now we have one too ;-)

What happened so far:

The Netherlands bitchslapped the Spanish silly in a glorious revenge for the last world cup final.
The Dutch are for now the strongest contenders for the cup. (5:1)

The Germans also were not all that nice to CR7 and his Portuguese. So we decicively threw our hat into the ring as well. (4:0)

Brazil and Argentina won, but I was not really impressed by either game. They will have to rise up to the task some more.

The Italians beat the English by better using their resources under difficult conditions.
The Italians are alway a force to be reckoned with. (2:1)

The French beat someone 3:0, but the real challenges still lie ahead. So, still hard to tell where they stand.

The US showed that they can come back after a late goal from a superior side. That fighter gene is always nice to see. Maybe if the Portuguese play as weak against the US as against us, there could be a chance to make it out of the group phase.
Sucks to be Ghana (I was rooting for you guys :()

What else....?!

derzai

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:33 am

Very good tournement so far. Brasil will win anyways.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:35 am

derzai wrote:Very good tournement so far. Brasil will win anyways.
I have not seen the Brazil yet, that will win the tournament. Not saying it can't happen, but they def. need to step it up!

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:39 am

The were not playing well. Think they were too nervous. Argentina was really disappointing. The French were good. Also the Germans. But Germans are always good, even if they play bad.

Belgium might be an outsider too. We will see.

The real tournament starts after the group stage.

The English? I don't understand. They are football nation number one, yet they use to perform weak at worldcups. They have some good young players though. (Sterling. Sturridge.)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 am

derzai wrote:The were not playing well. Think they were too nervous. Argentina was really disappointing. The French were good. Also the Germans. But Germans are always good, even if they play bad.
Well, being nervous is a shit excuse. Being nervous was why we lost so shamefully against the Spanish in the semi-finals last time.
The real tournament starts after the group stage.
Absolutely, any 5:1, 4:0, 3:0 now don't mean squat once every lost game means you are going home.
The English? I don't understand. They are football nation number one, yet they use to perform weak at worldcups. They have some good young players though.
I don't think they had a good team building coach for the national team for as long as I can remember.
You don't win tournaments like these just because you have a lot of individual talent.

I think the US match nicely showed the opposite of that yesterday. Individual talent is second league level, but the team effort was good enough to keep Ghana from scoring and to use the few chances that they did get. Though the Dempsey goal was pretty!

chrk

Post by chrk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:01 am

derzai wrote:The English? I don't understand.
The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.
Twitter / PeterNurse1: The England team visited an ...

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:06 am

chrk wrote:
derzai wrote:The English? I don't understand.
The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.
Twitter / PeterNurse1: The England team visited an ...
Ha, I read the same joke with some Joao, orphan, age 7 and Christiano Ronaldo :lol:

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:28 am

i wasn't surprised that england lost, i just wasn't too pissed off either because i expected it. i was impressed with the young sterling guy though. rooney's corner when he kicked it into the crowd was laughable.

costa rica were great - let's hope they continue

i've drawn italy and germany in a sweepstake at work, so that took the sting out of england losing too.

from what i seen so far, it'll be germany or holland to win

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Rooney has always been an empty promise for the national team (just as Christiano Ronaldo and Messi have been for theirs).

Germany winning?! I believe it when I see it :x
It's probably gonna end like the last three times. First we beat up the second line and the have beens decicively and then when it counts we stand around like little bitches with our tails between the legs, too scared to actually play (See the last Semi-final against Spain or the loss against Italy in the Euro).
Seeing the dour teary faces of our players after these games was a most pathetic sight :x

A final against the Netherlands though 8O
That shit would be epic, and no matter who wins, that pointless football rivalry would be extended by another 50 years, at least... :roll:

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Oldie but goodie

chrk

Post by chrk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:21 pm

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:32 pm

slatepipe wrote:i wasn't surprised that england lost, i just wasn't too pissed off either because i expected it. i was impressed with the young sterling guy though. rooney's corner when he kicked it into the crowd was laughable.

costa rica were great - let's hope they continue

i've drawn italy and germany in a sweepstake at work, so that took the sting out of england losing too.

from what i seen so far, it'll be germany or holland to win
And then we will loose again, like in '74. But we will have the best Louis van Gaal interview ever. For sure.

Football is entertainment.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 pm

TomViolenz wrote:That shit would be epic, and no matter who wins, that pointless football rivalry would be extended by another 50 years, at least... :roll:
Yeh could be the first step for disintegrating the eu.

just kidding, we will have to sent our troops to Hoch Elten. etc.
Last edited by derzai on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Thierry Henry would be good coach for England. Start with young group and then give credit for four years.

Belgium Algeria so far, after 15 minutes, still 0-0. Belgium has difficulties.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:06 pm

21.00 hrs. (UCT +01:00) Brasil - Mexico in Fortaleza.