Is this possible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DavidStars

Is this possible?

Post by DavidStars » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:39 am

Hello,

I use live 9 to produce, but wanted to use logic x for recording vocals and editing/mixing my instruments after I'm done in ableton. Is there a way to do this without having to bounce every instrument track in Live? I've been looking into rewiring, but I haven't been able to find anything that properly describes how to do it and more importantly, if it would even be a solution to what I'm trying to do. If anyone has any insight, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tarekith

Re: Is this possible?

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:08 am

You know you can bounce all tracks in one go, right?

DavidStars

Post by DavidStars » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:15 am

Tarekith wrote:You know you can bounce all tracks in one go, right?
I'm aware. My problem is that if I bounce the tracks, I'm probably gonna wanna re-edit them with something in Ableton at some time and hoping back and forth between Logic and Ableton seems unnecessary to me. I wanted to find a way to bypass this so that it could just stream into Logic, but still be available for editing in Ableton...if that makes any sense.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:44 am

Not quite following. If you export the tracks from live to edit in another host, that isn't too hard to do I don't think. Set your rendered track to "individual tracks" Is that what you meant?