AIR's Advance Music Production Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fathom

AIR's Advance Music Production Suite

Post by fathom » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Has anyone seen this yet? Woke up to it and got pretty excited over it. Thoughts? Would you buy it?

http://www.airmusictech.com/advance#

beats me

Re: AIR's Advance Music Production Suite

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Hm, most, not all, of those plugins seem like filler.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:54 pm

pretty cool idea, but again some plugs are great for some and bad for others. and then theres the matter of having a bunch of stuff you never use. but i like the idea a lot.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:13 am

beats me wrote:Hm, most, not all, of those plugins seem like filler.
Yeah that's what it looks like to me too.

There are some nice ones but many of the VSTs for instance look very much like known instruments like Massive and EZDrummer but from Sonivox.

It looks like a good deal on the surface and if you had no decent plugins it could offer some value but almost everything I see in there would never be used or would offer limited possibilities.

I do like the concept of a good professional cost-effective plugins pack though.

Harmonic Progression

Post by Harmonic Progression » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:15 pm

I looked at their "About Us" page, and haha, it's the old Wizoo, which came from Steinberg, if I recall correctly.

I thought they were going for the $1000 crowd until I hit the "buy now" button to see the price. Sans DAW, this appears to be just another collection of VST instruments and effects to get to the $599 price-point; the second Holy Grail of all price-points after $999, which is the King-Kong of all price-points! :roll: :lol:
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.
Software: Win 10, Cubase, Live+Push2, Maschine, and more.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:02 pm

You can get Komplete for $500. Then at some point upgrade to Ultimate on a holiday 50% off deal and from there on out it’s like $200 ($250?) on the holiday deal to upgrade to the next version that includes every damn thing NI has released in the previous year. No brainer.