FIFA World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
derzai

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Don't know what to think about this match either. Mexico was very strong. I think we got away luckily. Let's forget this match quickly and focus on the next match.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Next match is Greece-Costa Rica.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:22 pm

derzai wrote:Next match is Greece-Costa Rica.
I expect (and hope!) for Costa Rica to win. The way Greece plays, doesn't sit well with me. It's just boring. Let's see, but I'm probably just gonna watch it at home on the Lappy.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:23 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
derzai wrote:Next match is Greece-Costa Rica.
I expect (and hope!) for Costa Rica to win. The way Greece plays, doesn't sit well with me. It's just boring. Let's see, but I'm probably just gonna watch it at home on the Lappy.
Yes you are right, but i wish for Greece.

Morgen is Duitsland. :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:26 pm

derzai wrote:
Morgen is Duitsland. :lol:
Well, that is a MUST win!
I think if we lose against Algeria, the team better arrange for a secret plane for the way back, or better be sure and just hide in Brazil for a couple of years :x

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:15 pm

The most stupid goal of the tournament yet, the goal keeper just turned his head to watch the ball slowly roll over the goal line.... :roll:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Ok, in the second half of extra time, I made my peace with this game. Both teams, standing-k.o., and yet they show the will to win. One attack after the other. Always with the last power to the ball and when the situation is over, they sink down, almost passing out.

And the Costa Ricans now for 60min with only 10 players. 8O

It has a gladiator, fight-to-the-death vibe to it! :mrgreen:

Now penalty shoot out, let's see!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:57 pm

This is the tournament of the amazing goal keepers!

CR wins, so deserved!

But I forgive Greece for their shit style because of the awesome last 15 minutes. OH THE D R A M A :D 8)

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:56 pm

I hope I didn't wake the neighbours when Navas saved that penalty! It's amazing how you can just pick new teams to root for in the world cup. But now that Costa Rica will face the Netherlands, I'll have to honour tradition...

derzai

Post by derzai » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:03 am

the penalty robben got was incorrect, it was a "schwalbe". kuyt was good, van gaal put him left back while he is in fact a right wing. verhaegh was a mistake, janmaat would have been better.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:18 am

derzai wrote:the penalty robben got was incorrect, it was a "schwalbe". kuyt was good, van gaal put him left back while he is in fact a right wing. verhaegh was a mistake, janmaat would have been better.
No it wasn't. The re-run showed clearly that the defender had tapped his foot. That he added some theatrics is a given, and just something he (and many others) does. But that doesn't change the fact that he was fouled in the penalty zone, leading rightfully to a, well, penalty shot.

derzai

Post by derzai » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
derzai wrote:the penalty robben got was incorrect, it was a "schwalbe". kuyt was good, van gaal put him left back while he is in fact a right wing. verhaegh was a mistake, janmaat would have been better.
No it wasn't. The re-run showed clearly that the defender had tapped his foot. That he added some theatrics is a given, and just something he (and many others) does. But that doesn't change the fact that he was fouled in the penalty zone, leading rightfully to a, well, penalty shot.
Anyways, before he got tackled in a very mean way, and that was definitely a penalty, and the mexican defender (think 2 of them) should have sent of pitch with a red card.

When Germany gets the worldcup I will sent you a "Kippe". :lol:

derzai

Post by derzai » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:41 pm

I had an idea last match yesterday. When it is so hot, say 35 degrees and 100% they should put drinking bottles all around the field. On small tables that are put against the advertisment boards.

Say 2 different colors of bottles matching the team colors. Then players can decide themselves when and where they want to have some water. On their own risk of course.

What you think about this idea?