FIFA World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
TomViolenz

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:58 pm

derzai wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
derzai wrote:the penalty robben got was incorrect, it was a "schwalbe". kuyt was good, van gaal put him left back while he is in fact a right wing. verhaegh was a mistake, janmaat would have been better.
No it wasn't. The re-run showed clearly that the defender had tapped his foot. That he added some theatrics is a given, and just something he (and many others) does. But that doesn't change the fact that he was fouled in the penalty zone, leading rightfully to a, well, penalty shot.
Anyways, before he got tackled in a very mean way, and that was definitely a penalty, and the mexican defender (think 2 of them) should have sent of pitch with a red card.

When Germany gets the worldcup I will sent you a "Kippe". :lol:
I don't smoke.
But if you put some good ganja in it I will gladly take it :mrgreen:

derzai

Post by derzai » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:58 pm

derzai

Post by derzai » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:00 pm

TomViolenz wrote:But if you put some good ganja in it I will gladly take it :mrgreen:
Lol. Ich werde eine schicken nach die Ableton HQ, dann kannst du es da abholen.

derzai

Post by derzai » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Are there no Americans here on this forum that want to make comments about their team?

8ball

Post by 8ball » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:45 pm

derzai wrote:Are there no Americans here on this forum that want to make comments about their team?
Yes! GO WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:19 am

Well, what to say..... :?

That was seriously disastrous!

The first half was almost like our team had forgotten how to football.
The defense is easy to blame, but the bigger problem was the lack of any precision in the passes from the midfield.

But even worse was that there is obviously no strategy for when all the ball magic fails.
I mean when you realize that all your no-look double passes don't reach their goal, how about playing it save for a while till your self confidence returns?! :x

The first half was as bad as, if not worse than, the falling appart against the Spanish in the semi finals in 2010. Except that it was against fucking A L G E R I A. (No offense to the Algerians, they played phenomenaly well, much, much better than against Russia!)

Luckily we played Algeria and not any of the teams that made it to the next round yet.
And luckily we had Manuel Neuer, who re-invented the libero position. As, I said before, this is the World Cup of amazing goal keepers.

But, one thing is certain, if this would repeat against France, our luck WILL run out.

So, lets all try to forget this game as fast as possible.... :x

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:57 am

good that it didnt go to penalties again

the algerian keeper made some great saves. germany were messy in the first half for sure

i wanted algeria to win because i always like the underdogs to do well. but i have germany in the sweepstake at work, so i'm happy :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:32 am

Normaly I root for the underdog as well (if they play well), but in this case I make an exception ;-)

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Highly recommend following Warren Ellis' twitter football commentaries... his description of the German "team" last night was spot on.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Belgium-USA 2:1 after ET

Good game!
Exciting second half of ET!

Again the most obvious about the US game is the great team play. It was not quite enough yet for the quarter finals, but if you train more players with that last little ball magic like that Green guy showed with the late US goal, you should be in a good position for more.

This time Belgium won, and I think they will kick Argentina out in the quarter finals!

AND Again: A game where a goal keeper was the player of the match!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:39 am

I'm just glad it's over. I'm tired of hoping for something that could/would never happen.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:54 am

eyeknow wrote:I'm tired of hoping for something that could/would never happen.
Well, that puts you in good company of sooo many football nations ;-)

The Germans have been waiting for 24 years now too, and the Argentinians even longer.

The Belgians never even had the championship yet.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm definitely beginning to agree that Belgium might beat Argentina. Argentina is overrated, as usual; they're simply not a very good team; their still being in the tourney is all because of one man. I have Argentina vs. Brazil in the final, though, so I'm a little torn. I really wish Belgium good luck, but I just can't shake the habit of rooting for Argentina. If Belgium pulls it off, though, we could be looking at Belgium - Netherlands in the semi and, potentially, Germany - Netherlands/Belgium in the final! 8)

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Ok, so... predictions?

France to beat Germany 2:0

Shock of the tournament, Colombia to beat Brazil on penalties.

Belgium to beat Argentina 2:0

Netherlands to hammer Costa Rica 4:0

What's yours?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 pm

8O wrote:Ok, so... predictions?

France to beat Germany 2:0
One might think so after the last match, but I think we take it.
The reason is that Algeria had a very different tactic we couldn't handle well. France will not play as defensive opening themselves up much more for our (good) offense. We probably catch a few though. So I say 2:3 or 1:2 with Germany winning
Shock of the tournament, Colombia to beat Brazil on penalties.
If it goes to penalties then because Colombia didn't finish Brazil in regular time by not defending good enough. For me Colombia will certainly win. No idea on the number of goals though.
Belgium to beat Argentina 2:0
Sounds reasonable

Netherlands to hammer Costa Rica 4:0
That too, but I don't think it will be 4:0, remember in the knock outs everyone plays more conservative and CR defends well. So I say 2:0