Source\Version control

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Mr F

Source\Version control

Post by Mr F » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Would love to see this integrated in to Ableton with difference, merge, check in/out etc...

I currently use subversion on my projects which does a modest job but can't do a full integration between components i.e. channels, clips etc....

Obviously this would be a huge piece of work but would be the icing on the cake when it comes to co-production/sharing etc...
Helpful online tool: Music Calculator

Setup
Ableton Suite 8.2.5
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
2.83ghz Quad Core
6GB ram
RME Fireface 400 (Fw) 3.047
Novation Launchpad
Novation Remote SL MKII
NI Maschine 1.5
Focusrite Liquid Mix 3.0 (Firewire)

edgessey

Re: Source\Version control

Post by edgessey » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Have you had any luck with a system for this? I'm a software engineer myself and would personally love to be able to use GIT or another source control system with my bandmate, who is also a software engineer. We do lots of instrument recording and sampling, so would need a solution to handle the massive amounts of resource sounds. I suspect that you have the same needs.

Have you had any luck in coming up with anything?

Best,
Ed

Bayley

Re: Source\Version control

Post by Bayley » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:52 pm

edgessey wrote:Have you had any luck with a system for this? I'm a software engineer myself and would personally love to be able to use GIT or another source control system with my bandmate, who is also a software engineer. We do lots of instrument recording and sampling, so would need a solution to handle the massive amounts of resource sounds. I suspect that you have the same needs.

Have you had any luck in coming up with anything?

Best,
Ed
Perhaps this might be of interest http://github.com/danielbayley/Ableton-Live-tools

It improves compatibility between Live and Git amongst other things.