NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
dynamiiic

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:17 am

SBRK wrote:When the cycle button is toggled, the 8 knobs act as send a,b,c,etc for the selected track.
Thats actually a good idea, i'm using a similar way to integrate the pan function with set marker. If you don't mind i'll steal this idea to implement also in my script! :D
SBRK wrote:I want to add track selection via the arm buttons in that mode and try to add Ableton Push combination too
I'm dropping track selection button in my script, just using the Device Chain/Clip View function, with this you can use to swap between those views and get the track selected (3 things in just a button) leaving me a row of buttons to add an awesome new feature that I hope to be able to make it work!

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:24 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
SBRK wrote:When the cycle button is toggled, the 8 knobs act as send a,b,c,etc for the selected track.
Thats actually a good idea, i'm using a similar way to integrate the pan function with set marker. If you don't mind i'll steal this idea to implement also in my script! :D
No problem :) I'm also considering adding pan to one of these knobs (probably the 8th one), much like the "Track" mode of Ableton Push.

I managed to get the Push and nanoKontrol session to be linked ! Turns out for what I wanted, you just have to call session._link() on both scripts, and voila ! The offsets are synchronized between all the sessions on which you call _link(). It's combining controllers to have shifted offsets that is complicated (for example chaining APCs and having track 1 - 8 on APC1, 9 - 16 on APC2 and have them move when you move either session on the APCs)

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:02 am

I cleaned up everything that wasn't used anymore, added the bit I wanted and there you go !
http://benjisbrk.com/public/ableton/nan ... 20LINK.zip

I kept your toggle by holding select button, which is very handy

onefootskanka

Post by onefootskanka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:30 pm

SBRK wrote:I cleaned up everything that wasn't used anymore, added the bit I wanted and there you go !

Hi guys - thanks so much for getting these working on 9.1

SBRK what is the differences between yours and Dynamiics? I have a Push so interested to hear how they interact.

Thank again!

>> Have installed this now and seems to be working - be great to have an overview of what the different buttons do SBRK if you have the time. Can't work out what the transport buttons are supposed to be doing??

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 pm

onefootskanka wrote:
SBRK wrote:I cleaned up everything that wasn't used anymore, added the bit I wanted and there you go !

Hi guys - thanks so much for getting these working on 9.1

SBRK what is the differences between yours and Dynamiics? I have a Push so interested to hear how they interact.

Thank again!

>> Have installed this now and seems to be working - be great to have an overview of what the different buttons do SBRK if you have the time. Can't work out what the transport buttons are supposed to be doing??
Basically it works like Dynamiic's script in Shift mode. This means :
Mute/Solo/Arm buttons act as mute, solo, arm
The top pots act as Send.
The 5 buttons on the bottom left (rwd, ffw, play, stop, rec) are used to select between Send A/B/C/D/E, and you can change send with the set left/right buttons
When the cycle button is enabled, the 8 send pots act as Send A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H for the selected track.
You can select track by holding Set and tapping the R button of the track you want to select
If you use the included script for Push, the 8 tracks on Push will be the same on the nanoKontrol and vice versa
Holding the select button on a group or drum rack track for a few seconds folds/unfolds the rack/group

onefootskanka

Post by onefootskanka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:01 pm

AMAZING - thanks SBRK, much appreciated! This is so useful.

joshuagoran

Post by joshuagoran » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:05 pm

I can't get @dynamiiic's 9.1 script to work for some reason. I mapped everything according to the instructions, copied the script folder properly it seems, and I can't figure out what else would be missing. I did try SBRK's version to troubleshoot and it seems to work fine, but since I don't have a Push I would prefer the version with multiple modes. My nanoKontrol 2 works fine for manual MIDI mapping and in MackieControl mode, so I don't think it has to do with the hardware.

If anyone has any tips, please share!

I am on a Mac 10.6.8 with Live Suite 9.1.1

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

joshuagoran wrote: I am on a Mac 10.6.8 with Live Suite 9.1.1
Live 9.1.1 has some modifications at the framework. I'll look into it soon..

McRugged

Post by McRugged » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Rezing thread...Any word on this brilliant looking script? running 9.1.1 suite and would love to power up my nano with this.

Thanks for posting, regardless. looks awesome.

rabota

Post by rabota » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:10 pm

This script is amazing, really hoping for a 9.1.1 update soon....!

Thanks D :)

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Hey people, I'll update the script maybe this week! There will be some new features!

Cheers!

lechatetlafille

Post by lechatetlafille » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi! Is this supposed to work in 9.0.6? I tried both versions of the script and followed the instructions, yet it doesn't seem to work. I activate the 'remote' function, but i don't get desired blue hand =(

jonboyuk

Post by jonboyuk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:27 pm

dynamiiic wrote:Hey people, I'll update the script maybe this week! There will be some new features!

Cheers!
Did this ever happen mate? :)

julius

Post by julius » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:51 pm

hello

I've been trying to get this to work without much luck.

I have a Korg NonoKontrol (original NOT 2) and I'm running Ableton 9.1.3.

I was hoping that the script would still work despite it not being a NK2.

Also I was unable to find the image showing how the cc's need to be configured within the NK, but I opened the const.py file in Notepad and sort of worked it out from there.

I'd love to get this working. Any help gratefull received.

Julius

shumway

Post by shumway » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:24 am

I guess, that is the image:
http://sonicbloom.net/de/free-midi-remo ... kontrol-2/

But i wonder why there just isn't simply a file to load the settings into the controller editor, instead of having to enter them one by one??
Or did i miss something here?

Greez
Shumway