FIFA World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

TomViolenz

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:23 pm

You wrote:
rikhyray wrote:Last week there was bizarre demonstration in Frankfurt, the alliance of extreme fanatic islamists, joined by Leftists and Neo Nazis !!! not just against Israel but against Jews, shouting slogans from Hitler`s days.
The article writes:
blaring out slogans including “child murderer Israel” and “Allahu akbar” — the Arabic for “God is great”.
More than 2,000 people participated in the Frankfurt protest, many waving Palestinian flags and wearing T-shirts calling for a boycott of Israeli products.
So no evidence of extrem fanatic islamist or neo nazi slogans from Hitlers days then?!
Or do you call into question that Israel just murdered children (I just saw the reports on this all over TV, also see here: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/g ... 81498.html), find calling for boycotts extremist or consider "God is great" radical islamist?!

You might not agree with their goals or positions, but nothing you linked was in any way radical, extremist or anti-semitic.
Don't take over the narrative of the ones trying to set the agenda!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:04 pm

So the comparison to the Holocaust is over the top, Apartheid would certainly be more fitting.
And so would comparing Benjamin Netanjahu to deClerk (sp?) instead of Hitler. Even though I don't think deClerk ever fired missles into the townships! (and who hasn't been compared to Hitler nowadays ;-))
„Die Linke – SDS“ has been fighting Israels Apartheid politic for a long time, so I don't find that in any way weird or non-fitting
That the „Nationale Sozialisten Rhein-Main“ whoever they are joined in makes for strange bedfellows for sure.

But I still see no more radical slogans mentioned in that article than in the other. So I really don't see the reason to disregard their protests for the nebulous reason that they are radicals.

I labor on this so much, because I see this as a tactic being used a lot now: Make any protesters dangerous crazy people in the eyes of the public and no-one will take their issues seriously or dares to join the protest (after all who wants to be seen as crazy and/or dangerous or associate with such people).
It worked on Occupy for instance!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:55 pm

You're right, it is just the beginning :roll:

Feel free to overlook the positive applications drones will be used for, like the medical field and safety inspection.
They'll be saving lives more than they will for spying.

ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 pm

shadx312 wrote:You're right, it is just the beginning :roll:

Feel free to overlook the positive applications drones will be used for, like the medical field and safety inspection.
They'll be saving lives more than they will for spying.
Fuck, I wish I had some of the pills you are on...

You would probably sit in a burning building and say: Well, it saves on the heating bill...

And it's pretty obvious that you didn't even read the article before you rolled your eyes at me, because it only very tangentialy touches drones as a topic. But carry on, on your cloud and snub your nose at us stupid Negative Nancies
Ridiculous!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:00 pm

ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 pm

shadx312 wrote:Image
Well thanks for the discussion, I guess...

Fool

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 pm

When you post something that's NEWs, I'll check it out.
While you're catching up to what's in front of you, I'm looking over the horizon.
Feel free to be disillusioned and scared in your bunker calling people fools while they're out there making the most of it.
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 pm

And why you criticizing for assuming I didn't read the article? You jump to conclusions based on little evidence all the time, as if you kno fo sho.

Are you even aware of all the living members of Can and know their political ideals and done the math to figure what they would do together? Or did you just assume because they're musicians that they would be bad in politics?

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79uIRQ ... qOsOhpAX4A

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I'm not even sure how much you pay attention to who says what because if you learned anything at all you'd know I wouldn't be sittin in a burning building.
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:52 am

Regardless of my beef with your hopeless doomsday outlook, yer alright.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 am

So today Lahm announced that he quits the national team.

On one hand it's probably a smart move to quit when you are on top and remain the eternal champion in peoples minds. He's also already 30, which is quite old in these extremly competetive sports and other top players in the recent past saw what happens if you wait too long (Ballack).

On the other hand, this will make it really difficult for us to have a shot at winning the Euro 2016, which would have been nice to win, if just for equaling with the Spanish. (not quite, I know, for that we would have to actually win the Euro twice)

Time will tell...

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am

To shad:

If you would have read the article, you would have known that it's not about drones and that therefore your response totaly missed the point.
Also why would I post something about drones in a conversation about how the media is a tool used for manipulation. I may be a doomsayer, but I'm not a stupid one, who doesn't follow conversations or is able to support his positions. Something that you refuse to do btw, every time you think posting a meme is good enough as a response. Seriously, do you just stick out your tounge to people in real life as well, when you run out of arguments?!

Anyway: The article was about the military developing tools, which use the same math as controlling swarms of drones would, to influence in a subversive manner whole populations over social media.
So they would use the same tools as the GCHQ ones that were published a few days ago, to inject fake information into peoples social media streams or interupt the real messages. The work in the article is about how to manipulate the right people this way and how to have a maximum effect.

If you think that this will not be a very common way in the future of how everyone will get manipulated into following a behavioral pattern that is desired, not just by the military, but by everyone with an agenda, you are indeed sitting on a cloud popping some very good happy pills.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next meme which you will choose to continue this intelligent conversation we are having here ;-)
Or you could choose to use real arguments this time to covince me that this will indeed not happen, or be common.

(BTW: This is my thread, so I can be as serious as I wish to be. If you don't like to read my view of the world, there is an easy solution: don't enter my threads)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:19 am

If you think that this will not be a very common way in the future of how everyone will get manipulated into following a behavioral pattern that is desired, not just by the military, but by everyone with an agenda, you are indeed sitting on a cloud popping some very good happy pills.
I guess you missed that that isn't anything new and it's just updating it's attire.

Not every picture I post is a meme.

You're quite a presumptuous feller aren't ya.

But please, excuse me from interrupting your conversation about it with....
ImageImage