Do you protect your Push when it's in your backpack?

Discuss Push with other users.
JES

Do you protect your Push when it's in your backpack?

Post by JES » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 am

Like the title says. I'm thinking for real travel, like flying. And I'm thinking more about protecting it from impact against other stuff in the backpack. Is that a reason to get one of those overpriced dust covers, or is there another solution to protect the knobs, etc?

I've always skipped the dust cover (our feather duster works just fine), but I'm worried about beating it up in a full backpack that's going around airports and in overhead luggage.

Though since it's a standard device, I kind of wish I could just rent a Push in every town I visit. That would be easier.

tedlogan

Re: Do you protect your Push when it's in your backpack?

Post by tedlogan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 am

I gave in and bought one of these overpriced covers a while ago - Decksaver's one. Bought online for £34. Now even though it's a high price for a piece of molded plastic, I wouldn't even think of traveling without it protecting Push, or even leaving it uncovered at home when not working on it.

Fits real snugly and does not come off during transit. I used to use a feather duster prior to using the cover. Those pads still attracted dust like crazy, and I guess when dusting a lot of it falls into the device, building up over time.

£34 once for peace of mind for an expensive and much-loved device.

Bloody hell I sound like a poor salesman.

Jed

Post by Jed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:15 am

Decksaver for me too

Its expensive but worth it to protect my lovely Push :)

zaynatsa

Post by zaynatsa » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:16 am

As other memebers have said, I too travel with Push + Decksaver. I'm always about Toronto walking around getting inspiration and just busting out Push from my bag with my laptop to jam out. It does do a good job at protecting it as far as travelling in a backpack goes, but I would suggest on flights taking it as a carry on and not letting it go up in the overhead bin, under the chair seems safest
Zaynatsa

- Live 9.1|Reason 6.5
- Push|MPK Mini|Scarlet 2i4
- Novation Bass Station, Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack, Focusrite Red Suite, D16 Sigmund
- HP ENVY 15 i5-3230M 2.6GHz Turbo Boost 3.2 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1

JES

Post by JES » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 am

Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered one. It seemed decadent to order one just as a dust cover, but now that it's getting banged around in my bag I'm feeling a little different….

Ignifluous

Post by Ignifluous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

I've recently completed a round-the-world trip with an unprotected Push in my backpack. Granted, it was only sharing the pocket with my laptop - I put everything else in the other pocket of the backpack - but it came through almost entirely fine.

The one exception is the little rubber feet. Of which it now posseses only three. Interestingly, the push's profile is large enough that it's still very stable with only three feet. But I will be making a trip to the hardware store to get some more.