Sample Tank 3 released this week, yes, I know you don't care

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clydesdale

Sample Tank 3 released this week, yes, I know you don't care

Post by clydesdale » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 pm

I know you guys don't use ST much (it's so old), but I had one of the original versions from 10 years ago (along with Ableton Live version 2) so I bought the $99 upgrade to ST3. On the off chance that anyone is interested in it (wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one here who'll ever own this) I can provide feedback in a couple of weeks after I get it installed and running. That is all.
LIVE 9.1.7 x64, PUSH w/PXT, APC40, KEYSTATION PRO88, Radium61
Win8.1 Pro, 4820k(4.5GHz)/32GB/840ProSSD/RME Babyface

eyeknow

Re: Sample Tank 3 released this week, yes, I know you don't care

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 pm

The audio demos left me cold so I'm interested in if those are just bad midi parts or if the sounds are good. What I decided is (since I don't own xl) that I'd sacrifice the 50 buck savings to hear what people had to say about the product. If the samples are just meh, then that slick interface means nothing.

murgatroid

Post by murgatroid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 pm

d/l'ng sound libraries as i write...

considering i bought 2.5 for practically nothing a year ago, the upgrade price for this massive update seemed worth it

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:22 pm

I think the sounds are excellent, and the basses are the best I've heard anywhere (even Kontact 5 and my first go-to, Dimension Pro....)

Schmidi

Post by Schmidi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm just glad to have it working (so far) in Ableton without crashing. That is something I had a hell of a time with V2.5 XL until I J-Bridged it.

As for Sampletank 3: I kind of look at it as a great utility sound module. Sure, I have synths that sound better and go deeper(DCAM Synth Squad does me just right!) and there are many professional libraries (mostly for Kontakt) that sound better. The strength of ST for me is that everything I need to at least start a track is there in one handy place, the sounds generally sit well in a mix, and many of the sounds a good enough to remain into the final mix. For the $99 upgrade price, it is was a very good deal to me.

Schmidi

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:21 pm

I actually like it (much) better than Kontakt 5 (so far) for go-to traditional sounds.....

(I have Komplete Ultimate)

But YMMV - and there are still a lot of sounds to audition....