Something to compete with Faderfox ft3?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
braduro

Something to compete with Faderfox ft3?

Post by braduro » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Hey gang,
Can you think of a controller that could knock the Faderfox ft3 out of its current position for me? Not the Nocturn, not the Quneo. (although I have the Quneo and really like it)
The specs: X-fader, lefty-friendly (it's nice to have it as periphery), gig worthy (not those mini controllers that korg came out with), maybe not so big (otherwise I'd look at apc mkii).

I loved how the ft3 could contour around the hand in a natural position and really build one's playing off muscle memory.

I was fasting during a recent ebay auction that closed with me missing the winning bid by about 2 bucks (I was prepared to Buy it Now for a bigger price but then my flat mate dipped into our rent money). If that was you who won, go suck an egg! No, truly I'm just playing: let me know how you're getting along you lucky so-and-so!

TomViolenz

Re: Something to compete with Faderfox ft3?

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:24 pm

That was me. I don't really need it or even want it, but I thought what the heck, maybe it pisses Braduro off, so I bought it.
Seems like it worked :lol:

Makes for a really shitty ash tray though :x

braduro

Re: Something to compete with Faderfox ft3?

Post by braduro » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Lol Thanks Tom,

You could always hide your weed in it. Be sure to stick some buck shot in there-makes for a rain stick or shaker.

You could also make a smart knob-just draw in answers like "yes" "no" "it depends" around a dial, and then ask it questions.