FIFA World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
derzai

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 am

het is een jammer ossi die violens. weet ik veel, een of andere ombenullige boerelul volgens mij. en volgens mij is ie zelf gestoord, want eerst zit ie shadx te beledigen, en vervolgens gaat ie zijn reet zitten likken. afijn. niet meer op ingaan. laten gaan. blijven moffen.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 am

frank sinatra is kool too.

i think. you don't have to agree. if you dont like frank sinatra i'm fine with you too.

strangers in the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSbSKNk9f0

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 am

:lol:
Yeah that's cool. I like in particular the album he did with Antonio Carlos Jobim, which was the first album Sinatra put out on his own label.
He helped introduce bossanova to some crowds in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbmfX7-nMw
ImageImage

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 am

shadx312 wrote::lol:
Yeah that's cool. I like in particular the album he did with Antonio Carlos Jobim, which was the first album Sinatra put out on his own label.
He helped introduce bossanova to some crowds in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbmfX7-nMw
yeh great. do prefer the getz/gilberto version of the ipanema song though.

derzai

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 pm

one doesn't need a mind at all. you will have to get beyond level 1 in gurumania, and then you will understand.

derzai

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 pm

thesis: i got new shoes
anti-thesis: they creak
synthesis: my new shoes must be old.

(kierkegaard)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:16 pm

ImageImage

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:28 pm

the only book i ever read was nescio titaantjes, only 46 pages. the rest i made up myself.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 pm

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Ah. That was actually a late response to the Tom's article. I was unaware of the meme at the time so I felt compelled to make it obligatory; though since the best one has already been used, I needed to find a good alternative.

I haven't read Nescio, but have a feeling I'd get the same thing from Henry Miller.
ImageImage

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:04 pm

shadx312 wrote:Ah. That was actually a late response to the Tom's article. I was unaware of the meme at the time so I felt compelled to make it obligatory; though since the best one has already been used, I needed to find a good alternative.

I haven't read Nescio, but have a feeling I'd get the same thing from Henry Miller.
I dont know about Toms article. Since he has been brought up in the former DDR i am sure he can tell us more about living in a totalitarian regime. Don't want to know.

Like saying: First go read Mann ohne Eigenschaften and then come back talking to me.

No, Miller is something else. (Haven't read either, just checked).

There is no sex at all in the works of Nescio.

Titaantjes is about "loosers" , "dropouts" that don't see any sense in life, if you would like to compare, then it is more close to the Jim Jarmusch characters.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Excellent, now we're both assuming things from things we haven't read.
Full circle, byotch!
ImageImage

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Currently reading:

It All Plays a Role in Reality. Herman Wolf (1893-1942)
In 1899, the Wolfs, a Jewish family from Cologne, report to the immigration service in Amsterdam. Even at an early age, their only child, Herman, shows a great interest in things literary. His biography is a classic tale of the son destined to take over the family business, but who has dreams of his own.
In It All Plays a Role in Reality, Paul Scheffer sketches the life story of his grandfather, Herman Wolf, a celebrated philosopher and literary critic in the 1920s and 30s. His motto was: “It all plays a role in reality”. Rationalism and irrationalism were equally dear to him.
While the outside world grows increasingly grim, he nurtures his own tolerant sensibilities. Partly on the basis of Wolf ’s hitherto unpublished correspondence with such great writers as Thomas Mann and Stefan Zweig, a picture is presented of a generation bowled over by Hitler’s rise. Wolf was one of the few who recognized the threat early on. In the end, the German occupation of the Netherlands would have huge consequences for him as well.
A touching and rich portrait of culture pessimist Herman Wolf, assembled by Paul Scheffer, who during his research into the life and work of his grandfather discovered that the question that characterized Wolf ’s generation also applies to our own: how can humanism defend itself against the rise of nationalism?

Paul Scheffer is a dutch Professor.
Last edited by derzai on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:14 pm

shadx312 wrote:Excellent, now we're both assuming things from things we haven't read.
yep, we won't suffer argument from authority.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Sounds interesting, I wonder if he doesn't end it with not being sure.
ImageImage