art

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Bean Machine

Re: art

Post by Bean Machine » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:12 am

Touché. :x

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Bean Machine wrote:Seems like a bit of a poofy boy to me:
Poofy as in,
A guy who sells paintings for hundereds of thousands of dollars before they are even finished?
Or poofy as in, he looks gay wearing a pink wig while mocking art for a profile pic?

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Bean Machine wrote:I like this one:

ah, adolphchen aus braunau. you got to know your classics dont you. lol.

schiele.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Bean Machine wrote:Touché. :x
geneva switserland, first class citizen in a fist class world. you would expect some better input.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm

-
Last edited by TomViolenz on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:48 pm

TomViolenz wrote:That's exactly what I would expect from a first class citizen in a fist class world. ;)
first.

he's lacking in his art department.

wished that 6th class citizens in the 6th world had a good life too btw. much work to do.

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 pm

TomViolenz wrote:I think art is the very last thing that should be viewed by focusing on arbitrary lines on a map.
don't think borders are just arbitrary lines on the map. but that could be a great topic for further discussion, if the mod allows.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:09 pm

TomViolenz wrote: You are the one who wants to force him to be a good German, who only is allowed to indentify through the crimes of his forefathers. And if you look at his art you will see why he chose this way: His art will touch people centuries from now, after any important political meanings are long forgotten.

Political art is good for posters at rallies and and the self important inteligenzia, while art about the human condition and perception lasts!
I think you're missing the point entirely here. There's politics in art that is not at all about politics.
Great example is in music, with Krautrock. There's an easy to find documentary from the BBC interviewing all the original people who started that movement musically, and one of the themes was a complete lack of interest in the government in the 60's very directly connected to the fact that many local officials had been serving under the third reich. So essentially we don't want to copy american and british musicians copying bluesmen, we want to go into space. :)
So the music was direct reaction to the time and place it was created in, even if an outsider wouldn't see a connection. This is true of Dada art, the emergence of collage art as a form of commentary, etc. etc. etc. essentially it's not that these things make it irrelevant 200 years from now, they simply place it in context when you want to study it.

derzai

Post by derzai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Then we get the "what is art" discussion. Yeh, my little cousin can do that too etc. etc. Well your little cousin can't. I tell you. But we won't stop him from trying.

When the Beuys or the Meese says that everybody is an artist and everything is art, that doesn't make sense. Maybe from a didactical viewpoint, but not more than that.

Eventually art is about the quality of communication, the way i see it, most of it is just attempts to produce art. Yes, arbitraries. For me, when it is in the museum or under the Christies hammer, then it is art. The rest is just an attempt.

derzai

Post by derzai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
TomViolenz wrote: You are the one who wants to force him to be a good German, who only is allowed to indentify through the crimes of his forefathers. And if you look at his art you will see why he chose this way: His art will touch people centuries from now, after any important political meanings are long forgotten.

Political art is good for posters at rallies and and the self important inteligenzia, while art about the human condition and perception lasts!
I think you're missing the point entirely here. There's politics in art that is not at all about politics.
Great example is in music, with Krautrock. There's an easy to find documentary from the BBC interviewing all the original people who started that movement musically, and one of the themes was a complete lack of interest in the government in the 60's very directly connected to the fact that many local officials had been serving under the third reich. So essentially we don't want to copy american and british musicians copying bluesmen, we want to go into space. :)
So the music was direct reaction to the time and place it was created in, even if an outsider wouldn't see a connection. This is true of Dada art, the emergence of collage art as a form of commentary, etc. etc. etc. essentially it's not that these things make it irrelevant 200 years from now, they simply place it in context when you want to study it.
Yep, he's missing the point completely. What about John Heartfield?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:39 am

derzai wrote: What about John Heartfield?
Exactly, he took elements of Dada even further with his anti nazi posters, and the basic style is very influential in all sorts of art. Things are affected by the time and borders they happen in, just not completely linked and limited to that time or border. John Heartfield is a personal hero of mine, don't have many, but he is.

derzai

Post by derzai » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 am

constant nieuwenhuys

derzai

Post by derzai » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:13 am

ah the gerhard richter discussion. well i accuse him of mannerism.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 am

erik van lieshout.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:31 am

derzai wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:I think art is the very last thing that should be viewed by focusing on arbitrary lines on a map.
don't think borders are just arbitrary lines on the map. but that could be a great topic for further discussion, if the mod allows.
always get anxious when germans start saying borders are just arbitrary lines. arbitrary means we can discuss about it. well there is some borders i would like to stay where they are.

and one of them is the border between germany and the netherlands.