Can Push do this?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bodhi71

Can Push do this?

Post by bodhi71 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:33 pm

In a certain scale or mode, can a external pedal be used to sharpen/flatten a note for a chromatic passing tone?
The first port is for sustain while the second allows you to record "on the fly", yes? Is there a way to change the second port to allow for shifting the pitch/frequency?
If not, I think this would be a cool thing to implement. Maybe in a future update. Perhaps several factory templates to chose from...for those who aren't so tech savvy.

Thoughts or advice?

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Can Push do this?

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 pm

The second port is M4L friendly (not the 1st one), so if you have maxforlive, yes it's doable.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 pm

"The second port is M4L friendly (not the 1st one), so if you have maxforlive, yes it's doable."
~ Thanks Valiumdupeuple, I do have Max4Live, but it seems beyond my time constraints and gnosis. The other thing, it seems Max4Live adds additional cpu usage (if I am not wrong in thinking this), which is not always desirable, in certain live situations or a heavy track count, etc. While this is a doable alternative, I wonder if it is the best solution.

I know the script can be changed for Push to alter the colors of Push, I imagine the same could be done for port 2? Could this be saved as a template then for recall?
Has anyone at Ableton considered this as a possible future option? Anyone else consider this something worthwhile?

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:58 pm

The other thing, it seems Max4Live adds additional cpu usage (if I am not wrong in thinking this), which is not always desirable, in certain live situations or a heavy track count, etc. While this is a doable alternative, I wonder if it is the best solution.

I know the script can be changed for Push to alter the colors of Push, I imagine the same could be done for port 2? Could this be saved as a template then for recall?
Has anyone at Ableton considered this as a possible future option? Anyone else consider this something worthwhile?
M4L hardware control/midi patches have like no impact on the CPU (but I agree audio and synths devices usually are more cpu intensive than vst equivalent).
As I said it's doable with M4L, and of course it can be saved to your template.