Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
regretfullySaid

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Seeing as how the most practical and efficient way to iterate through racks in M4L is by using javascript, then it shouldn't be that different with python.
For the most part it's just using a for loop
ImageImage

maylortaylor

roboBOREALIS using Launchpad95

Post by maylortaylor » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Here is a video of my musical project. I use the Launchpad S w/ Mots' Launchpad95 script.

I'm in love with it. You've done a wonderful job and I am thankful for your contribution Mots every time i perform.

LINK >>> roboBOREALIS - 'BHppy'

ronmen

Post by ronmen » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Hey guys,

using LP95 intensely.

Using Epic Drum Rack (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197048)

1. Does anybody know , how getting a better overview about a big drum rack?

2. If you re using e.g. the Epic Drum Rack you don't wanna start a new session, cause importing that thing takes a while & session files a huge - so I just wanted to start a clean new clip in that "Epic Drum Rack column (in session view) - but it safes all the midi notes in this new clip sequence - is there any way getting a clean sequence starting a new clip ?

3. Step Sequencer: Currently I use 2rows by each 8 steps for 1 bar : works pretty well - BUT I'd like to see 4 bars in the sequence (8 rows) - if i switch to that (up left cornr) - nothing happens.

Thanks for helping out & all the best from Germany
r

ronmen

Post by ronmen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:29 pm

ronmen wrote:Hey guys,

using LP95 intensely.

Using Epic Drum Rack (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197048)

1. Does anybody know , how getting a better overview about a big drum rack?

2. If you re using e.g. the Epic Drum Rack you don't wanna start a new session, cause importing that thing takes a while & session files a huge - so I just wanted to start a clean new clip in that "Epic Drum Rack column (in session view) - but it safes all the midi notes in this new clip sequence - is there any way getting a clean sequence starting a new clip ?

3. Step Sequencer: Currently I use 2rows by each 8 steps for 1 bar : works pretty well - BUT I'd like to see 4 bars in the sequence (8 rows) - if i switch to that (up left cornr) - nothing happens.

Thanks for helping out & all the best from Germany
r
Anybody able helpin me out ?

thanks a lot

theextravaganttraveller

Post by theextravaganttraveller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Doesn't appear to be working in latest Live 9.1.4 (64bit, Windows). Any updates?

This looks like a terrific tool and eager to try. Thanks for making this available to the community!

theextravaganttraveller

Post by theextravaganttraveller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:58 pm

theextravaganttraveller wrote:Doesn't appear to be working in latest Live 9.1.4 (64bit, Windows). Any updates?

This looks like a terrific tool and eager to try. Thanks for making this available to the community!
I should clarify - after placing Launchpad95 inside the MIDI Remote Scripts folder, Launchpad95 is not visible in Live's control surface menu.

theextravaganttraveller

Post by theextravaganttraveller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:02 pm

theextravaganttraveller wrote:
theextravaganttraveller wrote:Doesn't appear to be working in latest Live 9.1.4 (64bit, Windows). Any updates?

I should clarify - after placing Launchpad95 inside the MIDI Remote Scripts folder, Launchpad95 is not visible in Live's control surface menu.
Nevermind! User Error. Apparently there's multiple Live installs on this machine, and I wasn't putting it in the right folder. Can now see it in control surfaces menu.

aubford

Post by aubford » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 am

So I'm having a bug where after a while the launchpad just sorta freaks out. The buttons light up in all sorts of weird patterns that aren't supposed to be there. Using Live 9.1.4 64 bit. Also using APC40, touchable, and lemur. I'm wondering if it's some kind of weird interaction between all my MIDI devices. I pretty much only use Launchpad95 for the multinote mode. Any ideas?
Last edited by aubford on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoshG567

Post by JoshG567 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:06 am

I get weird shit sometimes too, also with another controller of mine. I just open preferences and switch the control surface to None and then back to my controller and it seems to reset it.

maylortaylor

Post by maylortaylor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:19 am

aubford wrote:So I'm having a bug where after a while the launchpad just sorta freaks out. The buttons light up in all sorts of weird patterns that aren't supposed to be there. Using Live 9.1.4 64 bit. Also using APC40, touchable, and lemur. I'm wondering if it's some kind of weird interaction between all my MIDI devices. I pretty much only use Launchpad95 for the multinote mode. Any ideas?
Same things happen to me. It usually happens after i have my live set open for more than 20 minutes or so. It is annoying but i have learned to just reset it in Preferences like the guy above me said or just save and reload my live set

mots

Post by mots » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi,

some updates !

i have vastly improved the device controller mode. it is much much nicer to use :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

enjoy !

about the crashes mentioned in the post above, i could not reproduce them and i dont know if they are linked to launchpad95 at all.
but one thing is that all the mentions of such crashes quite often mention multiple controllers.

maylortaylor

Post by maylortaylor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:19 pm

mots wrote: about the crashes mentioned in the post above, i could not reproduce them and i dont know if they are linked to launchpad95 at all.
but one thing is that all the mentions of such crashes quite often mention multiple controllers.

I believe this is my issue honestly. My live set has a QuNeo, Launchpad S (using launchpad95), and a LaunchControl, ANNND sometimes a UC33 all being used in my set.

So i'm not surprised if Live just gets mixed up from time to time.

JorJe_GonZa

Post by JorJe_GonZa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 am

Thx for this!
Last edited by JorJe_GonZa on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scbrown333

Post by scbrown333 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Yeah, I get the same weird, random lights, regardless if I have my Launchpad set as the only controller or not. It will also randomize the colors of the clips and controls in the Session Mode and the Mixer, so I'm not sure it has anything to do with other controllers being used.

maylortaylor

Post by maylortaylor » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 pm

I've been using Launchpad95 for about a year now.

Here are some videos i've made recently to show off my usage of this wonderful tool.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... y2JsJL8Vlw