Complete list of Push functions

Discuss Push with other users.
Fossiel

Complete list of Push functions

Post by Fossiel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:54 am

Is there a complete list available for button-combinations? If not, please add anything helpful (not that piece of crap pdf that Ableton provides).

Something like this (from another user of this forum):
Delete

- hold Delete + touch an encoder to delete automation controlled by that encoder (Note mode)
- hold Delete + Automation button to delete all automation in a clip
- hold Delete + press a clip to delete that clip (Session mode)
- hold Delete + select a device or track with Push’s Selection Control buttons to delete
- hold Delete + Drum Rack pad to delete the sample on this pad

Duplicate

- hold Duplicate + select a device or track with Push’s Selection Control buttons to duplicate
- hold Duplicate + press a clip to duplicate that clip (Session mode)

Mute/Solo

- hold Mute + pressing a step to deactivate it without deleting it (Step Sequencer mode)
- hold Mute or Solo + Drum Rack pad to mute or solo that sound (Step Sequencer mode)

Select

- hold Select + Drum Rack pad to select its notes without triggering the pad (Note mode)
- hold Select + a clip to select the clip without launching it (Session mode)

Session

- hold Session while in Note mode to switch temporarily to Session mode (Allowing you to launch clips then release the Session button to jump straight back into Note mode)

Shift

- hold Shift + touch strip or Octave keys to move Drum Rack pads by single rows (Note mode)
- hold Shift while in Scales mode allows you to access a number of additional note layout options
- hold Shift + Automation button to reenable all automation that you have manually overridden
- hold Shift + Stop to stop all clips (Session mode)
- hold Shift + hitting Up or Down arrow keys/Octave Up and Down buttons to move eight scenes up or down (Session mode)
- hold Shift + hitting Left or Right arrow keys to move eight tracks at a time (Session mode)
- hold Shift while in Session mode and the pad grid zooms out to reveal an overview of your Session View (in the Session Overview, each pad represents an eight-scene-by-eight-track block of clips)
- hold Shift while in Session mode and each scene launch button represents a block of 64 scenes
- hold Shift + Add Effect to add a new device (instrument or midi effect) to the LEFT of the currently selected device (use In and Out buttons to select the device)
- hold Shift + Master volume knob to adjust Pre-Cue volume
- hold Shift + Tempo knob to set the tempo in increments of .1 BPM
- hold Shift + Undo to Redo
- hold Shift + Play/Stop return Live’s transport to 1.1.1 without starting playback
- hold Shift + track selection control buttons to arm multiple tracks (Session mode)
- hold Shift + selection control buttons to move quickly through the browser (Browser mode)
- hold Shift + encoder to fine adjust a parameter, depending on the mode (Clip/Device/Track) sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, just try

- hold Shift + track selection control buttons to arm multiple tracks (Session mode)
- hold Shift + selection control buttons to move quickly through the browser (Browser mode)
- hold Shift + encoder to fine adjust a parameter, depending on the mode (Clip/Device/Track) sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, just try

User

- hold User button to adjust the sensitivity of Push’s velocity response and other settings

Hold select + a drum rack pad. Now while still holding the drum rack pad, release the select button and you can adjust the note length, velocity etc for all steps corresponding to that particular pad. I use this all the time.

eyeknow

Re: Complete list of Push functions

Post by eyeknow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:00 am

Killer!

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:27 am

I hope you agree that this sort of info belongs in the official guide?

The push is a powerful tool, but I don't understand why ableton does not share this crucial data.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:30 pm

No doubt. Thanks for posting. :)

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:03 pm

I don’t understand why Live manual doesn’t have info like this on Push. It needs a MIDI implementation chart for things like VST mapping and at the very least a list of advanced shortcuts like this.

As it stands it’s an improved getting started manual which is nice for beginners since Push is a whole new concept but by now power users and people actually trying to assess the real power of Push definitely could use that kind of info.

As it stands, many people who are still dismissing Push as a fun but limited gadget would probably change their attitude if info on the huge amount of quick hands-on control Push has over Live was published.

:evil:

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Yeah, bizarre that they don't at least include this as an addendum in the manual.

A few notes from me below, coming from Live 9.1.4
Delete

- hold Delete + touch an encoder to delete automation controlled by that encoder (Note mode) any mode for me
- hold Delete + Automation button to delete all automation in a clip
- hold Delete + press a clip to delete that clip (Session mode) only works in note mode for me
- hold Delete + select a device or track with Push’s Selection Control buttons to delete
- hold Delete + Drum Rack pad to delete the sample on this pad this deletes only midi notes you entered, not the sample i think

Duplicate

- hold Duplicate + select a device or track with Push’s Selection Control buttons to duplicate does not duplicate tracks anymore
- hold Duplicate + press a clip to duplicate that clip (Session mode) only works in note mode

Mute/Solo

- hold Mute + pressing a step to deactivate it without deleting it (Step Sequencer mode)
- hold Mute or Solo + Drum Rack pad to mute or solo that sound (Step Sequencer mode)

Select

- hold Select + Drum Rack pad to select its notes without triggering the pad (Note mode)
- hold Select + a clip to select the clip without launching it (Session mode)

Session

- hold Session while in Note mode to switch temporarily to Session mode (Allowing you to launch clips then release the Session button to jump straight back into Note mode)

Shift

- hold Shift + touch strip or Octave keys to move Drum Rack pads by single rows (Note mode)
- hold Shift while in Scales mode allows you to access a number of additional note layout options
- hold Shift + Automation button to reenable all automation that you have manually overridden
- hold Shift + Stop to stop all clips (Session mode)
- hold Shift + hitting Up or Down arrow keys/Octave Up and Down buttons to move eight scenes up or down (Session mode)
- hold Shift + hitting Left or Right arrow keys to move eight tracks at a time (Session mode)
- hold Shift while in Session mode and the pad grid zooms out to reveal an overview of your Session View (in the Session Overview, each pad represents an eight-scene-by-eight-track block of clips)
- hold Shift while in Session mode and each scene launch button represents a block of 64 scenes
- hold Shift + Add Effect to add a new device (instrument or midi effect) to the LEFT of the currently selected device (use In and Out buttons to select the device)
- hold Shift + Master volume knob to adjust Pre-Cue volume
- hold Shift + Tempo knob to set the tempo in increments of .1 BPM
- hold Shift + Undo to Redo
- hold Shift + Play/Stop return Live’s transport to 1.1.1 without starting playback
- hold Shift + encoder to fine adjust a parameter, depending on the mode (Clip/Device/Track) sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, just try never works for me

User

- hold User button to adjust the sensitivity of Push’s velocity response and other settings

Hold select + a drum rack pad. Now while still holding the drum rack pad, release the select button and you can adjust the note length, velocity etc for all steps corresponding to that particular pad. I use this all the time.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:21 pm

n/m.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 pm

There's no official list, just the ones we collected in that original thread
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=196560&hilit=easy+to+miss+push
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

analog_rome

Post by analog_rome » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:31 pm

made a quick pdf of this list...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f2f4h3bmdlxd ... s.pdf?dl=0

cheers

also +1 to why doesn't ableton make push documentation that is more than a "getting started" guide?

panten

Post by panten » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Speaking of which, where are the Ableton team? Have they gone on holiday for the last year?

wreckcode

Post by wreckcode » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:02 pm

analog_rome wrote:made a quick pdf of this list...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f2f4h3bmdlxd ... s.pdf?dl=0

cheers

also +1 to why doesn't ableton make push documentation that is more than a "getting started" guide?
Good work, thanks for that!

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:27 pm

panten wrote:Speaking of which, where are the Ableton team? Have they gone on holiday for the last year?
Why spend time making useful resources for your customers. If you wait long enough, someone will do it for you.

Come on Ableton, this is kinda ridiculous. I've been on live since v3, and it's the small things like this that make me scratch my head - really simple to do and your user base would be way better off with this info, and it may just inspire more people to do really cool, unique things with the tool.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for starting this thread.
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

Leax

Post by Leax » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 am

Mehalic wrote:
panten wrote:Speaking of which, where are the Ableton team? Have they gone on holiday for the last year?
Why spend time making useful resources for your customers. If you wait long enough, someone will do it for you.

Come on Ableton, this is kinda ridiculous. I've been on live since v3, and it's the small things like this that make me scratch my head - really simple to do and your user base would be way better off with this info, and it may just inspire more people to do really cool, unique things with the tool.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for starting this thread.
+1

Thanks for the work guys, anyways...

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:22 am

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 am

#reminder