Another reality check

Discuss Push with other users.
TomViolenz

Re: Another reality check

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:29 pm

nemoy wrote:
@ Tomviolenz
The main message here was: "uninspired" and "two parameters for 90 minutes";
not about deep house or drone, or any other style.. just examples... :)
Why did you mention the style then?!

I call bull shit
At least stick to your bias, and don't try to weasel word your way out of a possible controversy, when you get called on your unsuportable notions...

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:35 pm

nemoy wrote: push is marketed to reach as big of an audience possible;
and as we all know, people who don't know their shit are the biggest market out there!
so they just needet to aim at Musicians that are not so much into actually doing something...
it feels like push and ableton dropped their standarts in order to sell more units.
Oh please! And you would know that how exactly? Because it worked on you?!
wich seems to be perfectly fine in capitalism. it's jsut a pitty.
Oh hell, your bullshit rationalizations make us in the left wing look stupid. Stop it!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 pm

I think there was an issue with one of the recent updates that borked some Push stuff, I don't remember which one. I'd expect a fix quick though, I'm sure Ableton is on top of it.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 am

ok, i see what your problem is now i think....you CAN map anywhere you want, but you have to be in user to mode to do it....but then when youre in user mode, you cant use the push anymore....ro something? yea? so you have to keep switching in and out of user mode to keep switching the mappings? is that it?.....something tells me the people who complain about push are just looking to blame something for their lack of ability
tedlogan wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:this is better than I merely mentioned you have to custom map Push in user mode. I also said I really really like Push (indirectly). Finally, no way, in my opinion, is the APC40 1 or MKII better than Push. I have the APC40. It just sits there. Sometimes I turn it on just to have more green lights moving in my little studio area.

nemoy

Post by nemoy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am

yes, that sums it up. my lack of ability. :)

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:43 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:ok, i see what your problem is now i think....you CAN map anywhere you want, but you have to be in user to mode to do it....but then when youre in user mode, you cant use the push anymore....ro something? yea? so you have to keep switching in and out of user mode to keep switching the mappings? is that it?.....something tells me the people who complain about push are just looking to blame something for their lack of ability
tedlogan wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:this is better than I merely mentioned you have to custom map Push in user mode. I also said I really really like Push (indirectly). Finally, no way, in my opinion, is the APC40 1 or MKII better than Push. I have the APC40. It just sits there. Sometimes I turn it on just to have more green lights moving in my little studio area.
Not MY problem. I don't have one. Quote someone else who has a problem. I love the fucking Push controller - is that clear enough? :lol:

But yes, what you're mentioning there is indeed the issue some people (not me) have with Push. I understand that it must be an annoyance for them.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:11 am

Wow. If this was kvr, I'd lock this in a heartbeat.

WAY OUT OF BOUNDS assuming that someone is to blame for not knowing push. Did you even read what they said, or do you guys just like to vitriol at people with problems?

Honestly, it's unacceptable. We're supposed to be a community. There should be no reason to have such petty insults and bickering.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 am

eyeknow wrote:Wow. If this was kvr, I'd lock this in a heartbeat.

WAY OUT OF BOUNDS assuming that someone is to blame for not knowing push. Did you even read what they said, or do you guys just like to vitriol at people with problems?

Honestly, it's unacceptable. We're supposed to be a community. There should be no reason to have such petty insults and bickering.
i dont have push yet so i cant say if it really is a piece of shit like all the ableton push users on here say it is....is that why they are here? just say how shitty push is? i dont get it...this is an ableton forum, you thinkd thered be more positive stuff about it....and more demo videos showing its power...this is why i have doubts about it....but maybe the negativity on here is not represenative of the larger population. maybe this is just a venting forum that attracts negativity from push uisers...idk. thats my experience on here, yet you go on gear sluts, and push is fucking amazing@ weird

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 am

Guys guys guys. I'm not bickering with anyone. I think misunderstandings have occurred.

Eyeknow - I don't have a problem with anyone or anyone's qualms with Push. In fact, I GET what they're saying and fully agree with their wishes for it, like what Nemoy wants. I'm just fortunate in that me and Push get along fine, I don't perform Live (it's meant for studio use mainly anyways). I'm not sure if you were referring to me though, this might be yet another misunderstanding on my part.

Inversoundzzz - I don't see all this negativity about Push on these forums. I see some problems some people have with it, but no overtly negative vibes.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:41 am

I grow weary of the "it's not the tools it's the users" mantra. In fact, if people are complaining about something (steadily) it's something they should look into.

does that mean I can't use push? Don't be ridiculous :roll: But I think that it's not as tight as it was back in 9.1.1 EYEKNOW eyeknow, go back to that :lol: Maybe I will.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am

Anyways, I asked a mod to lock it. It's really kinda pathetic. Don't know if they will or not. I expect to fall asleep SOMETIME in the near future (though that seems like it's not happening) so maybe when I wake up? One can dream.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:54 am

eyeknow wrote:I grow weary of the "it's not the tools it's the users" mantra. In fact, if people are complaining about something (steadily) it's something they should look into.

does that mean I can't use push? Don't be ridiculous :roll: But I think that it's not as tight as it was back in 9.1.1 EYEKNOW eyeknow, go back to that :lol: Maybe I will.
I tested the delete thing you mentioned in the first post. It works fine regardless of which track is highlighted for me (9.1.4). But my DELETE button only works when in note mode. I suppose Abes will be on it next patch.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:58 am

That's cool, I don't believe it was you I was talking about. I'm trying not to be too personal as I'd like to be able to escape w/o a mortal enemy. I just think the thread is mostly nonsense.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:03 am

:D That's cool man, I didn't think you were, but was unsure...things got a bit confusing cross-post-wise etc.

Yeah, the thread did turn into a bit of a mess.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:06 am

tedlogan wrote: Eyeknow - I don't have a problem with anyone or anyone's qualms with Push. In fact, I GET what they're saying and fully agree with their wishes for it, like what Nemoy wants. I'm just fortunate in that me and Push get along fine,
I too, don't have a problem with what Nemoy wants, and also think that Ableton should definetely make a editor for the controller for use in other software and in user mode.

What I take issue with are wide sweeping statements with no factual correlation to Push regarding certain types of music or economic systems.

This is not the Lounge here :wink: