Six weeks

Discuss Push with other users.
gnurf

Six weeks

Post by gnurf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm

That's my time without Push so far. Anyone else had theirs in for repairs/replacement yet? If so, how did you stay sane?

Bdumaguina

Re: Six weeks

Post by Bdumaguina » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 pm

What happened to your Push? Factory defects?

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm

gnurf wrote:That's my time without Push so far. Anyone else had theirs in for repairs/replacement yet? If so, how did you stay sane?
I was without Push or any music/sound creation for about 10 weeks, Start of June til around beginning August. It was self-induced though, so perhaps what I did might help you keep sane. It will also eat your soul and destroy your self worth.

I tried Diablo 3's demo because I had a moment of idiocy. I don't play games but used to play Diablo 2 way back in 2000. After a certain amount of playing they hook you and you end up buying it like crack, and then you spend your days grinding like a junkie.

So avoid what happened to me at all costs. Fortunately, I'm happily back with audio in many different avenues, my PC being game-free.

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:22 pm

biped wrote:What happened to your Push? Factory defects?
A few of the pads stopped responding. Lights still worked.

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 pm

tedlogan wrote:
gnurf wrote: I tried Diablo 3's demo because I had a moment of idiocy. I don't play games but used to play Diablo 2 way back in 2000. After a certain amount of playing they hook you and you end up buying it like crack, and then you spend your days grinding like a junkie.
Hah. I'm past level 50 with all classes. But fortunately I have enough real work to pull me away from games (most of the time) :)

jrhillma

Post by jrhillma » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:48 am

tedlogan wrote:
gnurf wrote:I tried Diablo 3's demo because I had a moment of idiocy. I don't play games but used to play Diablo 2 way back in 2000. After a certain amount of playing they hook you and you end up buying it like crack, and then you spend your days grinding like a junkie.
I haven't played chess seriously for several years. On a whim, I picked up Deep Fritz 14. There isn't any DLC to purchase, but I'm addicted just the same. I don't even mind losing, knowing I can run the analyzer and get a natural language critique of my crappy playing. Yes, I'm rusty. It's interesting that the 'must grind' reaction is the same as when I was playing MMORPGs.

ObTopical: I just got my Push last Friday. No problems with it, other than lack of familiarity on my part. And some of the pads are slightly different color temperature than others. Weird.

(edit to remove a over-repetition of one word)

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 am

jrhillma wrote: some of the pads are slightly different color temperature than others. Weird.
I fixed that on mine with the tool they briefly made available. I'm not sure if it's back on the beta site, but there is definitely a way to tweak them to perfection.

jrhillma

Post by jrhillma » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:57 am

gnurf wrote:
jrhillma wrote: some of the pads are slightly different color temperature than others. Weird.
I fixed that on mine with the tool they briefly made available. I'm not sure if it's back on the beta site, but there is definitely a way to tweak them to perfection.
Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can track that down.

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:39 am

Well, I got a new Push yesterday. No idea what took them so long to repair my old Push, but I think the store owner didn't expect a quick resolution at this point, so he handed me a new one :)

Great service from the store, terrible disservice from whoever takes care of repairs for Ableton/Akai.