push wear and tear

Discuss Push with other users.
ash1

push wear and tear

Post by ash1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:22 am

hi i was just wondering has anybody had any wear and tear on there push i noticed this morning on the front just under my push buttons some of the black rubber coating has gone just a tiny bit

tedlogan

Re: push wear and tear

Post by tedlogan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:46 am

I have no noticeable marks on it or rubber coming off. Had it exactly a year now, been used around 8 months out of 12. I only traveled with it about 6 times though. 5 times across London, unprotected in a padded backpack, once to Cape Town, protected with Decksaver's Push cover.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 pm

This happens when you are too ruff in handling it, too bad they never released the nice aluminium covers they had extra designed the slots for on Push :(
(Did any third party jump at the opportunity jet?!)

But this is nothing compared to my Maschine, which still looks beautifull to the eye (even without a cover), but its encoders start jumping all over the place after about three years of use :x
(Making it very hard to use it at all!)

I think Push is very well built in this regard.

ash1

Post by ash1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

hi well im not that rough with mine really i dont know how this tiny bit of black rubber wore away it wont affect the working of push in anyway
hopefully it doesnt spread thats my worry really

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Pushs soft touch surface actually held me off a bit as i have bad experiences with that stuff.

My old laptop had that same rubber coating and at some point it became all soft and smeary and started peeling off in a really ugly way. Anyone remembers the first gen motorola razor mobiles? Same thing.

When this starts to appear on my push i'm gonnna have it sand blasted i guess... And then chromed! Yeah all chromed! 8)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 am

h3rtz wrote:Pushs soft touch surface actually held me off a bit as i have bad experiences with that stuff.

My old laptop had that same rubber coating and at some point it became all soft and smeary and started peeling off in a really ugly way. Anyone remembers the first gen motorola razor mobiles? Same thing.

When this starts to appear on my push i'm gonnna have it sand blasted i guess... And then chromed! Yeah all chromed! 8)
I hope you post pictures then! 8)

Also just of the sandblasted Push, I think the raw metal could look even cooler than chromed.

bobbyduracel

Post by bobbyduracel » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Maybe an old, dead topic - but I wonder... If a guy actually has one of the original "never released" Ableton aluminum covers for the gen 1 Push unit - would that be valuable to someone around these forums??? :mrgreen:
#livefullycharged

login

Post by login » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:08 pm

bobbyduracel wrote:Maybe an old, dead topic - but I wonder... If a guy actually has one of the original "never released" Ableton aluminum covers for the gen 1 Push unit - would that be valuable to someone around these forums??? :mrgreen:
A couple of retailers sell something like it https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/pus ... stand.html

I ssaw another but can't remeber the name