NI Komplete Kontrol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RSJ

NI Komplete Kontrol

Post by RSJ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:56 am

Hi

This is what NI is going to announce September 2, 2014

The Carpet Cleaner

Re: NI Komplete Kontrol

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:12 am

nah

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:14 am

Pretty accurate for me! Great!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm still relatively new to Native Instruments Maschine, but I have to say that I really saw something like this coming, especially once I saw how well Maschine's software integrates with Komplete Ultimate. I'm really interested in seeing the software they'll use with this new controller. Will it be a slightly modified version of Maschine's software? Will it be a completely new software sequencer? Will this new software have audio tracks?

Can't wait to see what NI has in store for this.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Harmonic Progression

Post by Harmonic Progression » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:41 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the capabilities of this new controller from NI. And I have about 10 controllers already, yikes!
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.
Software: Win 10, Cubase, Live+Push2, Maschine, and more.

Harmonic Progression

Post by Harmonic Progression » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 pm

I just noticed the color-coded LEDs just above the keys. If these change color to match the currently-loaded instrument's keyranges, then this will be a very powerful controller for people who make heavy use of NI instruments or 3rd party instruments that use NI libraries and players, for example Sonic Couture.
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.
Software: Win 10, Cubase, Live+Push2, Maschine, and more.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 am

These are very expensive! €499, €599 and €699 for the 25, 49 and 61 key models. Somebody on the Maschine forum did a translation from a german magazine.
Hit-Man, post: 1309717, member: 217622 wrote:Here's a magazine pic and article with a quick translation below.

Innovative USB MIDI keyboard from Native Instruments

• NI has announced the "Komplete Kontrol S" series …three keyboard instruments to control software, such as the synthesizer, sizers, samplers and effects contained in Komplete
• Each keyboard model differs the keybeds primarily by its 25, 49 and 61 keys made by FATAR
• The feeling is luxurious according to the manufacturer.
• On control elements the are eight touch-sensitive endless encoders with small displays for representation of assigned parameters and values, another rotating element and numerous back-lit buttons.
• Two ribbon controllers are on board, which have various physical models in addition to the typical pitch and mod wheel behavior. As examples NI named springs and a bouncing ball.
• Inetegrated arpeggiator of whichin parameters such as*direction,*pace,*rhythm,*patterns*and*variations can be*adjusted.*
• Particularly*innovative*feature*calles light-guide-technology*called,*more or less*a*garland*of*multicolor*LEDs,*placed above the keybed. It's used as indicator for key switches*or*zones. Gives optical*feedback*of*played*notes.*
• An*interesting additional*feature is*the scale mapping capability.*Notes*of the*selected scale*can*be*used*to highlight*color*on*the*light-guide system.*
• Further*assistance*while making music are given via smart-play-options. Thanks to*them chords*are just*with one finger playable. As "ideagiver" NI*has entered*a*slew*of*pre-built*progressions.
• The*selection*of*sounds*is done*via*the*new*Komplete browser.*He*offers*a
tag-based*search system*and*is*comatible with*all*of the*tools*contained*in*the*software suite.*
• Important*parameters*are*already*associated with the*operating elements*of the*Komplete control devices.
• In addition*to*the*release*of*the*keyboard*NI*has*revamped*its*Komplete- and Kompltete-Ultimate*packages,*they*are*now available*in*version*10.*As*the*most important*innovations,*they*have*three*fresh*reactor instruments*and*three ??? (not readable in picture).*
• All new*NI*products*are*available*from*the*01.10.2014.*The*complete*controls*will cost€499,*€599*and*€699.*Prices for Komplete 10*are €499*(normal*version)*or*€ 999*(ultimate)

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:25 am

Don't you think they'll be bundled with Komplete, though, so that you get a shiteload of added value?

Either way, I'm not interested in a controller for Komplete. If I need hands-on control of any instrument, I'll take the time to set it up myself. I'm really curious to see what Komplete 10 has to offer in terms of software, though. I've been thinking of going for Komplete Ultimate, but never been "kompletely konvinced".

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 am

NI and Ableton are copying of each other and then innovating on that. I love it!!!

First Push copied much of the Maschines workflow and innovated on the concept (while leaving others unused)
(The step sequencing, parameter lock, 8 encoders for everything, build in NoteRepeat and Swing....)
Now NI copies the Scale feature.

Both always add something useful to the copied aspects and us, the consumer wins!

And both companies not being American means it will probably not end in endless litigation over ridiculous patents, but in more innovation! 8)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 am

kb420 wrote:I'm still relatively new to Native Instruments Maschine, but I have to say that I really saw something like this coming, especially once I saw how well Maschine's software integrates with Komplete Ultimate. I'm really interested in seeing the software they'll use with this new controller. Will it be a slightly modified version of Maschine's software? Will it be a completely new software sequencer? Will this new software have audio tracks?

Can't wait to see what NI has in store for this.
Couldn't they just build this functionality into their software instruments?! I think that would be preferable.

maze23a

Post by maze23a » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:08 am

What do you guys think.Will there be templates for other DAWS like Ableton
or will these keys only really makes Sense for Komplete users?

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:08 am

I like this Kontroller with lights on the keyboard. always nice to get led feedback (like on Push) what you recorded imo.
I do hope however that it has aftertouch.

On the software side i'd like to see something like Kore 2 & Five12's Numerology 4 kombined for creative BE-ings who are not into Maschine in a modular host komplete with lfo's, step sequencers, insane audio & midi routings, lag processors, Sound Variations, multi outputs for audio & midi, etc etc....

If this is an add-on kontroller for the Maschine software, then i hope that will have an update as well and support aftertouch, polyrhythms/plugin midi routing/audio feedback routing/Kore 2's amazing Sound Variations etc......

in a few days we'll know...

Syver

Post by Syver » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Can't we just have the controller without the keyboard ? ... Everyone already has at least one keyboard right ?

Fritz609

Post by Fritz609 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:39 pm

I thought there would be a keynoard with a screen like maschine. Maybe on the mk2 version? Maybe asking for too much.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:29 pm

TomViolenz wrote: And both companies not being American means it will probably not end in endless litigation over ridiculous patents, but in more innovation! 8)
???
and exactly which American music software companies have done this recently?
I don't hear about MOTU or Cakewalk or Izotope etc. suing everyone?