Some questions about PUSH

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JMFOne

Some questions about PUSH

Post by JMFOne » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm thinking about picking up a PUSH but all the videos I see online are of people banging together a few sounds/loops and doing some basic scene arrangements. Is anyone using the PUSH at the mix down stage or is it just much easier to go back to the laptop?

How easy/comfortable is it to add either an eq8/compressor or reverb and tweak the parameters given these will be on practically every track?

How does grouping tracks or bussing work on it aswell?
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar

störgeräusche

Re: Some questions about PUSH

Post by störgeräusche » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 pm

control of native devices via push is fantastic, as is for most third party plugs (up to 32 parameters will be automatically mapped). Even dropping native devices from push browser is relatively fast. Browsing of plugins requires racking them. More info on these topics are in the dedicated push forum.

As for setting track levels it really depends if you can get used to control track faders with knobs or not. I personally got used to it, first with a nocturn and then with push, but since having faders (novation launch control XL) i dont miss knobs for controlling faders.

I really love push, i even built my new live set around it, but still I couldn't live with it being my only controller.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:08 pm

störgeräusche wrote:(up to 32 parameters will be automatically mapped).
This number can be set to be up to 128 parameters in the Options.txt

But if you care about the order, you should make your own racks and save them.

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Thanks Tom for chiming in and give the OP the correct information, of which I am aware but didn't think of (I still haven't felt the need to implement it on my system).

As for the last question of the OP, I stopped working with bussing and grouping since I do my mixdowns in Harrison Mixbus, so I can't really tell anything useful on this subject.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

login

Post by login » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
störgeräusche wrote:(up to 32 parameters will be automatically mapped).
This number can be set to be up to 128 parameters in the Options.txt

But if you care about the order, you should make your own racks and save them.

Using uber map ( viewtopic.php?f=55&t=201849 ) you can configure the plug in parameter organziation even if not racked.

it takes time but you only have to do it once.