Korg Gadget can now export to Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Re: Korg Gadget can now export to Ableton Live

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Tested the Live export with an old Gadget track I was working on and it worked great. I have Live 8 and was worried you need 9 for it to work because that would totally be an Apple-type move, but it worked fine.

Also bought the new Bilbao sample player. There’s some good included content but I’m also paranoid that it’s a little too telltale and there aren’t a lot of options to make the samples your own. I also toyed with adding some samples from the massive sample library I have store in Dropbox and they loaded fine but when I saved it as a preset and reloaded it none of the sounds played, nether the samples I added or the ones I left as part of the default library. Waveforms show up but no sound comes out. Not sure what is happening there.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:19 pm

jack johnson wrote:$38.99?$28.99 ( Sales Price: 4th - 8th, Sept.)
Jack. I live your music man. When's the new album coming out?

gp23

Post by gp23 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:39 pm

beats me wrote:Tested the Live export with an old Gadget track I was working on and it worked great. I have Live 8 and was worried you need 9 for it to work because that would totally be an Apple-type move, but it worked fine.
That's good to know. Thanks.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Woah!!! Nice! I've had Gadget, and really liked it-- but it kind of fell off the wayside (Granted, so has making music in general for me lately :) ).

This is a pretty sweet update though. It's kind of surprising that they didn't set it up with an option to export Audio or Midi. Surely that can't be that much more difficult than a .als with audio clips.

Regardless, cheers to Korg!
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:36 pm

gp23 wrote:
beats me wrote:Tested the Live export with an old Gadget track I was working on and it worked great. I have Live 8 and was worried you need 9 for it to work because that would totally be an Apple-type move, but it worked fine.
That's good to know. Thanks.

The silly think is I’ll probably dump sets into Live to do some minimal arranging and then dump the stems from that into Logic for more layers and mixing. :)

My main problem with Gadget is it’s even more loop based than live. Even you just want a little build up or variance in a bar or part of a bar then you have to create an entire scene for just that. It’s like Live without arrange view. But maybe I’m missing something or they changed things in the last update or 2.

gp23

Post by gp23 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 pm

How does the export function handle reverb/delay tails. I'm assuming that it renders each part as audio complete with any effects. If there is a reverb for instance, does it just cut off at the end of the exported loop?