Launchpad won't exit session overview mode

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lpagross

Launchpad won't exit session overview mode

Post by lpagross » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm using my Launchpad with Live 9.1.4 Suite and Mavericks 10.9.4. When I start the session it plays back as normal, the Launchpad launches clips and I can navigate around the session using session overview (hold Session button down and choose launched buttons for 8x8 selection). However, once I drop into User 2 mode and press a button when I return to Session view the Overview is now locked on and the selection display in Ableton moves following the overview grid rather than launching clips that are displayed. This is really frustrating as I have a gig this weekend. I can replicate this problem in all Ableton Songs and in new, empty songs that I create. Is there a way to make the Launhpad work as it used to? Thanks,
Gordon

lpagross

Re: Launchpad won't exit session overview mode

Post by lpagross » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm still having terrible problems with this. Tried erasing my Ableton prefs from the Library but the Launchpad still has the same problem. If I choose session overview mode and move the session around the 8x8 grids then go to User 2 mode and press a few buttons, then back to session mode it's still latched into session overview mode and I can't launch clips as I want. This is a really pressing problem now. Can anyone reproduce it? Any ideas at all?
Yours in desperation because Novation aren't answering my questions,
Gordon