Apple Watch justification thread

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Apple Watch justification thread

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:48 pm

With at least 3 months until launch this is where I will be cataloging my justifications for buying one. I haven’t worn a watch in ages and unlike other Apple products this is where you fully drank the Kool-Aid. People need cell phones, computers, and to an extent tablets now. Nobody needs a smartwatch. Yet.

eyeknow

Re: Apple Watch justification thread

Post by eyeknow » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:32 pm

I hate these things. What are you going to do with it? I mean, I'm sure some rapper will have one so that they can call the president.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Everyone gets the new U2 album! :lol:

I don't get watch thing at all, if I had to carry my phone with me to use it, I'll just use my phone.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:46 am

OK, I'll start things off and will admit none of these first things are specific to the Apple Watch.

1. Many times throughout my work day I have to pull out my phone to get the date and time because its something I need to write down. A watch would obviously be better for these situations but not enough to inspire me to buy something that only does that.

2. Long before it became illegal I didn't use my phone in my car while driving because it is dangerous and my social life involves way more texting than phone calls. My phone is always firmly in my pocket on vibrate and I'm so self involved that I believe people contact me while I'm driving just to piss me off. Nothing all day and then soon as I get in my car they start lighting me up. So I'm driving with curiosity at which inconsiderate fuck is trying to get a hold of me knowing I'm driving. It would be nice to just glance over at my wrist firmly on the steering wheel while I flip them off with my other hand.

3. I'm one of the elite 1% who thinks its extremely rude to have your phone out or constantly pulling it out in a social situation, but sometimes you are dealing with a total blowhard and you don't get a break to see who is lighting up your phone while they are yammering on. Again, just glance at your wrist.

4. I use alarms and notications on my phone a lot. It would be great to just look at my wrist instead of pulling my phone out of my pocket or going across the room to see what my phone is nagging me to do.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:06 am

Because it fills a vital role, a hole in our lives which was not previously addressed.
  • time is 4:32pm, killing time at work surfing a popular timewasting site on desktop computer
  • 4:35pm become bored, stare into space, contemplate "Weltschmerz" tattoo in comic sans
  • 4:36pm snap out of reverie, pull out iPad and check facebook. Cats, halfbaked politics, pleas for attention.
  • 4:38pm wonder who these people really are, deep inside, and stare blankly out of window clutching cold coffee in promotional mug.
  • 4:41pm come to senses and pull out phone, check twitter where a TV actor is arguing with @shitemunch3125 about nuances in world politics
  • 4:50 pm begin to despair that life has no meaning, all is pointless, humans are a disease, a mistake, a dead end
  • 4:53 pm look at Apple Watch™, on which a picture of a cat is animating amusingly. Heh. Funny cat.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:08 am

beats me wrote:OK, I'll start things off and will admit none of these first things are specific to the Apple Watch.

1. Many times throughout my work day I have to pull out my phone to get the date and time because its something I need to write down. A watch would obviously be better for these situations but not enough to inspire me to buy something that only does that.

2. Long before it became illegal I didn't use my phone in my car while driving because it is dangerous and my social life involves way more texting than phone calls. My phone is always firmly in my pocket on vibrate and I'm so self involved that I believe people contact me while I'm driving just to piss me off. Nothing all day and then soon as I get in my car they start lighting me up. So I'm driving with curiosity at which inconsiderate fuck is trying to get a hold of me knowing I'm driving. It would be nice to just glance over at my wrist firmly on the steering wheel while I flip them off with my other hand.

3. I'm one of the elite 1% who thinks its extremely rude to have your phone out or constantly pulling it out in a social situation, but sometimes you are dealing with a total blowhard and you don't get a break to see who is lighting up your phone while they are yammering on. Again, just glance at your wrist.

4. I use alarms and notications on my phone a lot. It would be great to just look at my wrist instead of pulling my phone out of my pocket or going across the room to see what my phone is nagging me to do.
You sound almost as bad as me justifying a new guitar or plugin :lol:

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:09 am

Angstrom wrote:Because it fills a vital role, a hole in our lives which was not previously addressed.
  • time is 4:32pm, killing time at work surfing a popular timewasting site on desktop computer
  • 4:35pm become bored, stare into space, contemplate "Weltschmerz" tattoo in comic sans
  • 4:36pm snap out of reverie, pull out iPad and check facebook. Cats, halfbaked politics, pleas for attention.
  • 4:38pm wonder who these people really are, deep inside, and stare blankly out of window clutching cold coffee in promotional mug.
  • 4:41pm come to senses and pull out phone, check twitter where a TV actor is arguing with @shitemunch3125 about nuances in world politics
  • 4:50 pm begin to despair that life has no meaning, all is pointless, humans are a disease, a mistake, a dead end
  • 4:53 pm look at Apple Watch™, on which a picture of a cat is animating amusingly. Heh. Funny cat.
^^^Ginsberg's "Howl" for the 21st century.

Preach, Angstrom, preach 8)

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Angstrom wrote:Because it fills a vital role, a hole in our lives which was not previously addressed.
What the hell! I didn't know you worked in my building, what floor you on.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm

:)

auto-lock

Post by auto-lock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 am

Beats i think the only justification for the apple watch is entertainment for people who derive joy from new products and new ways of doing stuff. those people would also cheer for an apple belt, apple ring... but as a technology it is a stepping stone into the future.

auto-lock

Post by auto-lock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am

auto-lock wrote:Beats i think the only justification for the apple watch is entertainment for people who derive joy from new products and new ways of doing stuff. those people would also cheer for an apple belt, apple ring... but as a technology it is a stepping stone into the future.
this. (in memory of djsynchro)

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:35 pm

HERETICS and NONBELIEVERS

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Sorry Apple, I don't really wear watches. But I do find myself carrying a cup around often.

Please make a digitized personal cup with touch screen and give it a snazzy name like, iDrink or something

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:40 pm

iBeverage