What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
crystalmsc

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:20 pm

beats me wrote: The new Lord of the Rings game coming out next week looks promising
this live action trailer of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor made me want to play it http://youtu.be/5xK7e0-_3oQ
shadx312 wrote:In an ideal world if my wife liked Left For Dead I would be happier.
interesting, mind to share more about it? :)

talking about Zombie games and a love life, I really like the romantic trailer of Dead Island which is one of the best ever http://youtu.be/ialZcLaI17Y pity that I just can't finish the game because of too much disgusting rotten flesh and blood. I'm not into such game and current horror game like the Evil Within is too disturbing for me.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 pm

I tried Destiny during its free alpha weekend and decided it isn’t my kind of jam. Upon release it got widely panned mostly as the result of the hype to finished product ratio. I thought Gamespot was a total shill for Bungie because they were taking forever (comparatively) to post their review but when they did they only gave it a 6. So not worst game ever made, but to me, a non-gamer, a 6 is a definite do not buy. There’s even some 7 and 8 rated games that I don’t find enjoyable. :x

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:30 pm

beats me wrote:I tried Destiny during its free alpha weekend and decided it isn’t my kind of jam. Upon release it got widely panned mostly as the result of the hype to finished product ratio. I thought Gamespot was a total shill for Bungie because they were taking forever (comparatively) to post their review but when they did they only gave it a 6. So not worst game ever made, but to me, a non-gamer, a 6 is a definite do not buy. There’s even some 7 and 8 rated games that I don’t find enjoyable. :x
Seems like it's a love or hate type of game, but it's the biggest software launch on PS4 so far http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/ ... launch-yet of course rating is not for everyone. Two games with high score that I was disappointed are: Deus EX and Dragon Dogma. May be not the game, because everything looks promising, just not my type. May be I'll be back for Deus EX, but not sure about Dragon Dogma. Had a high expectation before.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about Shadow of Mordor. Open world? Check. Stealth gameplay? Check. Definitely going to play that.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:27 pm

stringtapper wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about Shadow of Mordor. Open world? Check. Stealth gameplay? Check. Definitely going to play that.

Nemesis System. If you do something like burn an enemy but not kill them and run into them later I in the game they will have the burn scars and be afraid of fire. If they kill you (you respawn) and you run into them later in the game they’ll comment on how they already kicked your ass. You can also possess and control your enemy and give orders to any underlings they might have.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:14 am

Hotline Miami... sweet soundtrack 8)
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:48 am

beats me wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about Shadow of Mordor. Open world? Check. Stealth gameplay? Check. Definitely going to play that.

Nemesis System. If you do something like burn an enemy but not kill them and run into them later I in the game they will have the burn scars and be afraid of fire. If they kill you (you respawn) and you run into them later in the game they’ll comment on how they already kicked your ass. You can also possess and control your enemy and give orders to any underlings they might have.
8O

Shit!!! Shit shit!!

There goes another 60-80 bucks and hours of my life... :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:00 am

Personally I'm waiting for the new Dragon Age before I buy a new console, it's typically some new role playing game that gets me to actually buy the console actually. Still not sure if I go PS4 or Xbox though.

In the meantime happy playing shorter and simpler iOS games now and then. Battleheart Legacy is currently what I'm playing, and I was pretty impressed.

I keep hearing about the new LOTR game, I'm afraid to watch trailers. :)

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:05 am

beats me wrote:
sounds more interesting!
docprosper wrote:Hotline Miami... sweet soundtrack 8)
a strong candidate to play whenever I get a Vita. Rather play such type of game in a mobile device, so I can play anywhere. Still confused between the Fat version with OLED screen or the new slim (1 hour more batterly life, via micro USB).

Anyone experienced playing it from a big screen (42" and above), how's it..any good?
H20nly wrote:There goes another 60-80 bucks and hours of my life... :x
welcome to the show that never ends my friend..the amazing world of synth and gaming :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:19 am

:D clearly I'm there...

@ Tarekith - love me some Dragon Age! But Skyrim even more...

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:44 am

H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:

8O

Shit!!! Shit shit!!

There goes another 60-80 bucks and hours of my life... :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsMPl4OreJo

8O

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:06 am

There a some nice advices here, and also some Games i like, too.

I play a lot of Games together with my gf. I am playing, she is watching :P ).

We really really enjoyed Beyond: Two soulds and Heavy Rain!!! This is what u need if u wanna get a girl interested to videogames.

After I got her to play videogames, I bought many Lego-Games. A lot of fun together.

Also Last of us is one of my alltime favourites.

Btw, I am playing a onlineshooter (called : UrbanTerror) since 2007. It is a quake3 mod and still very adictive to me.

So my Favorite List is:

1. Last of Us (PS3)
2. Urban Terror (PC)
3. Beyond: Two souls & Heavy Rain (PS3)
4. Hitman Absolution (PS3)
5. Tomb Raider (PS3)
6. Uncharted 3 (PS3)
7. Lego: Indiana Jones (PS2)
7. Skyrim (PS3)
8. Batman (PS3)

and of course sportgames like FIFA, PES, WWE, GT, VirtualTennis, FightNight --> but only for playing in competition with my friends at home.

Oh, I forgot to say what Iam playing right now. I play X-COM:Declassified.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:10 am

Tarekith wrote:Personally I'm waiting for the new Dragon Age before I buy a new console, it's typically some new role playing game that gets me to actually buy the console actually. Still not sure if I go PS4 or Xbox though.

In the meantime happy playing shorter and simpler iOS games now and then. Battleheart Legacy is currently what I'm playing, and I was pretty impressed.

I keep hearing about the new LOTR game, I'm afraid to watch trailers. :)
That and the Witcher 3 are the type of games that made people buying console. I haven't finished the Witcher 2 on PC, hopefully will enjoy the Witcher 3 on console. I really prefer such type of game on console over PC. I'm a PS player since a long time ago, specially since most of my friends are also on PSN as it's a more popular (easy to get) console in my part of the world. But I'm glad about it, specially with the PS+ service.

In the search of a portable pinball / ableton machine, I'm looking closely to the Surface Pro 3. that with the new Electribe will be a perfect EDM mobile workstation. Just looking at the Battleheart Legacy, looks like an interesting Zelda's type of game.

here's another one of the Nemesis, just feel the fear and do it anyway :) http://youtu.be/-IAYA7HEreM
H20nly wrote::D clearly I'm there...
gaming is the ammo, creativity is the explosion.

Happy Nintendo 125th anniversary!

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 am

I forgot a nice site to add:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Really nice discounts on great games, while u do something for charity!!!

And dont forget to look for the bookbundles.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 am

Timbeaux wrote:I forgot a nice site to add:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Really nice discounts on great games, while u do something for charity!!!

And dont forget to look for the bookbundles.
beats me wrote:I might get Tropico 5 for the Mac this week.
Yes, there's my game shop!

Just for information, Tropico 3 is free on humble bundle store right now https://www.humblebundle.com/store only 5 hours left
bye2 flying dollars :D