Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 pm

kenporter wrote:
I would actually be really interested to know what the sweet spot of these speakers are. Usually the tweeter should be around ear height. It seems that when you're sitting they're above your ear and when you're standing they're below your ear. Do they recommend where and how high to sit for the sweet spot of the speakers? High frequency content obviously varies a lot depending on where you are. They look absolutely fantastic though. Make me want to get them too. :)

Ken
When I'm sitting the tweets are about 1" above my ears, though that was on purpose (the stands are custom height to my specs). I don't know why, I've always preferred having tweets ever so slightly high, just sounds more natural to me. Especially with these with the extra woofer on top, it tends to pull the imaging up a little bit.

Standing mode for me is rarely for accurate listening, so I could care less what it sounds like tbh. That's how I do things like check my email and forums, type long blog posts, practice my river dancing moves,etc. Just a way to save the back with all the hours I need to be on a computer.

I like standing up when I record DJ sets or live sets too, but usually that's just for fun and at that point I don't need the super accuracy I want when mastering. Volume trumps fidelity then, though it actually sounds better than when I had the Opals at ear height in that position, so fine by me. :)

yup yup

Post by yup yup » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

Hey Tarekith. That power conditioner put out a bit of noise? I have been working on a Neve Custom recently with the power conditioner a couple of feet away and it is doing my head in...

Retape

Post by Retape » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Corner of my bedroom:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 pm

yup yup wrote:Hey Tarekith. That power conditioner put out a bit of noise? I have been working on a Neve Custom recently with the power conditioner a couple of feet away and it is doing my head in...
Mine are dead silent, though I did have a Monster 2500 last year that developed an audible buzz after a few weeks. Monster were great about sending me a new one to replace it though, it's been fine since.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Sorry, no cat.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Tarekith wrote:Finally decided to sell off the Opals so those are gone now, and then cut down my desk. It was messing with what I was hearing in the room, and those wings out front made it too hard to play the guitar in front of the laptop. The room needed some brightening up, so I went with a natural wood grain this time, instead of my usual black :)

Of course that meant redoing the lower shelf and rack, though at least this time I could put the larger 3500 power conditioner on the bottom like it was supposed to be. I dorked that last time. :)

That's cool. Looks like a spaceship.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:17 pm

More of the same room-
Ampworld

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 pm

I finally got around buying myself a nice pair of monitors. I'm pretty happy with my setup now. :P

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Is that a laptop running dual monitor/external keyboard or are there two computers?

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:20 am

eyeknow wrote:Is that a laptop running dual monitor/external keyboard or are there two computers?
The rMBP is plugged into an external screen so it's basically dual monitor/external keyboard. All USB devices including Push are connected to a USB hub which is plugged into the laptop.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:57 am

Thanks. I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Looks nice!

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:48 am

DJ CATZILLA

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:59 am

hacktheplanet wrote:DJ CATZILLA

oh nice a wireless mouse :)

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 am

hacktheplanet wrote:DJ CATZILLA

SO CUTE!

nice one

alexdecker

Post by alexdecker » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:15 pm

My new humble setup. Cleaned up a bit in my previous equipment, and made this little workstation. Separated the idea process from the recording process. Works pretty good for me…

– Alex