Launchpad + Launch Control XL Problems

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kmajna

Launchpad + Launch Control XL Problems

Post by kmajna » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi there,

i just bought Ableton Live and Launchpad + Launch Control XL for my live performance and when i connect both then started problems. When i try to stop a clip in a audio rack by pressing empty pad the view just jump whole down to another scene. Do you know what to do?

Rodal

Re: Launchpad + Launch Control XL Problems

Post by Rodal » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Might be because the 2 controllers don't synch together automatically.
Take a look at Launchsync
http://isotonikstudios.com/launchsync/

It's free as well :)

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:35 pm

I don't see how the lack of sync would be the issue, since it's not a problem between the two controllers, but with the launchpad, or user error. Still, Launchsync would be a good idea for other reasons, especially given that it's free!
what do you mean by "the view"? i.e. does the entire next scene (i.e. the entire row of clips, all of them) launch? or does it start recording a clip in the next scene slot for the selected track? You might check to make sure the track you are launching is not record armed, as that would cause it to create a new clip in the following scene instead of stopping the clip.

Rodal

Post by Rodal » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:52 pm

antarktika wrote:I don't see how the lack of sync would be the issue, since it's not a problem between the two controllers, but with the launchpad, or user error.
The 2 controllers can each change the view without the other one knowing, hence they aren't in synch. Then when you change the view in one controller, the other controller is still thinking its focus is where it was and not where it actually is. Then you go to make a change on the second controller and it changes something else than what you thought it would.
kmajna wrote: When i try to stop a clip in a audio rack by pressing empty pad the view just jump whole down to another scene. Do you know what to do?
Which seems to be exactly the problem the OP is having.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:04 am

Rodal wrote:
antarktika wrote:I don't see how the lack of sync would be the issue, since it's not a problem between the two controllers, but with the launchpad, or user error.
The 2 controllers can each change the view without the other one knowing, hence they aren't in synch. Then when you change the view in one controller, the other controller is still thinking its focus is where it was and not where it actually is. Then you go to make a change on the second controller and it changes something else than what you thought it would.
kmajna wrote: When i try to stop a clip in a audio rack by pressing empty pad the view just jump whole down to another scene. Do you know what to do?
Which seems to be exactly the problem the OP is having.
Ah, yeah, I hadn't realized the Launchkontrol didn't have its own red box. I will now defer to your greater knowledge on the subject!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 am

Rodal wrote:Might be because the 2 controllers don't synch together automatically.
Take a look at Launchsync
http://isotonikstudios.com/launchsync/

It's free as well :)
Cheers!!

D