u-he Bazille is finished and available.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
XSIMan

u-he Bazille is finished and available.

Post by XSIMan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Bazille now has 1700 presets.
Intro price until 15th October

Intro price and demo http://www.u-he.com/cms/bazille

Video demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxOQm03giA

4 digital oscillators with simultaneous FM (frequency modulation), PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance)
4 multimode analogue type filters with up to 6 parallel outputs each
4 modelled effects: stereo delay, distortion, phaser, spring reverb
2 LFOs with 3 parallel outputs each
4 ADS(S)R type envelope generators
signal processors: Inverter, rectifier, sample & hold, lag generators and quantizer
2 mapping generators (waveshapers) with a variety of drawing tools and controls
8 x 16-step morphing sequencer
multiplex modules for signal mixing, RM (ring modulation), AM (amplitude modulation)
single-page alternative skin included
microtuning support (.tun files)
multichannel MIDI support
user interface zoom in 10% steps
over 1700 presets...
Last edited by XSIMan on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Gifford

Re: u-he Bazille is finished and available.

Post by Martin Gifford » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:53 am

Price is right but it's too ugly to buy. Even copying the ugliness of Sylenth with the wood sides. :evil: Surprising cos u-he products usually look great. :D Pity. I wonder if the sounds are stored better than Sylenth. I hate having to load banks and fiddling around to find and store patches. :roll:

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am

Martin Gifford wrote:Price is right but it's too ugly to buy. Even copying the ugliness of Sylenth with the wood sides. :evil: Surprising cos u-he products usually look great. :D Pity. I wonder if the sounds are stored better than Sylenth. I hate having to load banks and fiddling around to find and store patches. :roll:
heh, to me it's their best-looking synth yet. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder though. At 160% zoom it fills a 1900x1200 24" screen perfectly. Even if it looked like crap, the sound is the important part.

The presets are stored in the default u-he manner. The top Local bank (kind of a best of), then the 10 usual types nested within: Leads, Pads, Loops etc.

Some fantastic presets here, and some really good ones included from the Bazille patch competitions as well. I couldn't tear myself away from it last night, and thus had very little sleep. Suffering at work now :(

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 am

I downloaded the demo. Good for sound FX. Kind of mad 70s scientist. Good sound. But didn't seem like a lead and bass synth. More for filling in chilled sections or for intros or outros.

Filing seems to be one long list with no easy way to search. But only had a quick look.

Shocking CPU usage. Sylenth goes to a max of 69 on my CPU, but Basille was going to 350 and crackling up on half the sounds.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 am

Martin Gifford wrote:I downloaded the demo. Good for sound FX. Kind of mad 70s scientist. Good sound. But didn't seem like a lead and bass synth. More for filling in chilled sections or for intros or outros.

Filing seems to be one long list with no easy way to search. But only had a quick look.

Shocking CPU usage. Sylenth goes to a max of 69 on my CPU, but Basille was going to 350 and crackling up on half the sounds.
Turn on multicore, maybe turn off High quality. Reduce voices. My PC runs stuff not really very well anymore, but with an instance of Bazille it uses around 25%. High quality turned on.

It is capable of much more than sound FX. Have you checked out all the patches (this could take quite a while :wink: ). It's got some great Leads, and its got wicked bass synths of all sorts, from the cliched bread n butter tired sounds (if you want them) to a bit more unique tones to all-out strangeness.

When did you download the demo? Yesterday or today, or earlier than that? The latest demo includes all the new presets (1700).

No way to search that I know of, no. They should add this functionality. Then again, they're a bit unconventional in their approach to names...so i might not do you any good :)

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:05 pm

must.... resist... compulsion.... to acquire....

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Haha, believe me I tried. just get the demo at least to see what it is capable of (the latest updated factory presets demo)...c'mon...just try one sweet... :mrgreen:

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:32 pm

OK. I will just get the demo.

There's no commitment.

I can say no at any time...

PHY6

Post by PHY6 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:00 pm

tedlogan wrote:
Martin Gifford wrote:I downloaded the demo. Good for sound FX. Kind of mad 70s scientist. Good sound. But didn't seem like a lead and bass synth. More for filling in chilled sections or for intros or outros.

Turn on multicore, maybe turn off High quality. Reduce voices. My PC runs stuff not really very well anymore, but with an instance of Bazille it uses around 25%. High quality turned on.

It is capable of much more than sound FX. Have you checked out all the patches (this could take quite a while :wink: ). It's got some great Leads, and its got wicked bass synths of all sorts, from the cliched bread n butter tired sounds (if you want them) to a bit more unique tones to all-out strangeness.

When did you download the demo? Yesterday or today, or earlier than that? The latest demo includes all the new presets (1700).

No way to search that I know of, no. They should add this functionality. Then again, they're a bit unconventional in their approach to names...so i might not do you any good :)
Been looking for that multicore function that Diva has...couldn't find the switch...where is it ?
Lovely synth btw...as usual from Urs !!!

I know RTFM....

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 pm

It is a lovely synth, very quickly becoming my favourite.
I stumbled across the multicore switch as I'm still fumbling around the interface discovering happy accidents etc. It's on the TWEAKS/FX page, at the top centre somewhere. At work so can't check 100%, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

PHY6

Post by PHY6 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks, Ted !!!

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

no worries! enjoy

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:30 pm

PHY6 wrote:
tedlogan wrote:

Been looking for that multicore function that Diva has...couldn't find the switch...where is it ?
Lovely synth btw...as usual from Urs !!!

I know RTFM....
Its by the scopes, the MC switch, it helps alot as long as you have a i* proc. On some patches it was killing my i7 with only a few notes, turn on MC and it went down to 20-30% on those same high cpu patches

avart

Post by avart » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:51 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:Its by the scopes, the MC switch, it helps alot as long as you have a i* proc. On some patches it was killing my i7 with only a few notes, turn on MC and it went down to 20-30% on those same high cpu patches
It's funny, on my old dual core mac (no i* proc) it works in a reversed way. I just do simplistic small bass-patches to squelch with the filters and they load the CPU with 30%, (HQ on) no problem, works fine and sounds great. If I turn on MC, my CPU-load goes up to 65-75% and the sound gets totally distorted with massive drop outs! :D

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 pm

thats why I said as long as you have an i* processor, its stated in the u-he manuals that it can definitely create worse performance on older cpus