OS X YOSEMITE compatibility with Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: OS X YOSEMITE compatibility with Live 9

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:51 pm

H20nly wrote:
Quez wrote:New OS every year is too much.. IMHO.
But still i'm glad it's free.
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure it's just a way to blame "the old OS" and herd the cattle into buying new equipment that supports "the new OS"
Speculative nonsense. My machine from 2007 (!) is definitely supported. Please, go and spread your FUD somewhere else or preferably don't do it anywhere!
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Pitch Black wrote: Still on Snow Leopard and still using Live 8 for gigging …………
Using 9 for production, tho.
That's a very nice idea. Thank you. I knew I downloaded Live 8 again for some reason besides performance testing. However, if you freeze tracks I'm not sure Live 9 wouldn't work equally well for me in the live performance situation. I'll make sure to compare, though.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:57 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
Tarekith wrote:The new Safari is a huge improvement IMO.
ROFL OS update to update web browser in 2014.
It's a strange concept, yes. But hardly relevant as musicians can use any of the other browsers around. I use them all, Chrome or Chromium daily, as I develop for the web (at least when testing I automatically test on every known browser that is not too irrelevant, also in Windows).
Make some music!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
H20nly wrote:
Quez wrote:New OS every year is too much.. IMHO.
But still i'm glad it's free.
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure it's just a way to blame "the old OS" and herd the cattle into buying new equipment that supports "the new OS"
Speculative nonsense. My machine from 2007 (!) is definitely supported. Please, go and spread your FUD somewhere else or preferably don't do it anywhere!
:lol:

Apple fanboi much?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:00 pm

H20nly wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
H20nly wrote: Agreed.

Apple fanboi much?
So if you made statements about Ableton Live, that was patently false, and I told you about this, I'd be an Ableton fanboi? Huh?
You being a fool doesn't make me anything. If you need to come up with absurd statements that can be proven false, then you have no case. Tell lies if this makes you feel better, but I will call you out.
Make some music!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:05 pm

how exactly can you prove that statement false?

go ahead and try...

@ everyone else... get the popcorn. :twisted:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:14 pm

H20nly wrote:how exactly can you prove that statement false?

go ahead and try...

@ everyone else... get the popcorn. :twisted:
Trollbait ignored.
Make some music!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 pm

ignored... riiight.

thanks for the reply with a quote. <- this implies not ignored.

just like your other weak "i want to be a dick" logic. FAIL.

let me point it out for you anyway...
H20nly wrote:I'm pretty sure...
see that ^ it implies i presented the words that followed as an opinion
H20nly wrote:...it's just a way to blame "the old OS" and herd the cattle into buying new equipment that supports "the new OS"

which old equipment was i talking about? how old?
you don't know and never will. you can't say... therefore cannot PROVE shit.

as for your 2007 machine... it better be an iMac, because Yosemite won't be supported on anything 2007 that isn't.

you want to discuss it or speculate or correct me cool. you want to be an asshole? bring it. i've got plenty to shove in your asshole.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:43 am

re:dream wrote:@ Pitch Black - that's interesting. And you don't have problems with backward compatibility? Or does the situation not arise of needing to use your gigging machine to play your new work?
I make stuff "backwards compatible" by just rendering stems/loops/samples. I use Logic and Live 50/50 for production so stuff gets generated in both those apps, and ends up in Logic for final mixing - mainly because of the fuller-featured arrangement editing and automation capabilities of Logic. My live set doesn't use anything exotic other than Simpler/Sampler/Live FX plus a couple of AU's.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:35 pm

H20nly wrote:.... i've got plenty to shove in your asshole.
Wow is it hot in here? 8O Sounds pretty kinky, lol! :lol:
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Yosemite OS XXX :twisted:

Tellumm

Post by Tellumm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Ableton Live Beta 9.1.6b1 works perfectly on Yosemite Public Beta 4 (and on 3 too)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:18 am

[mal] wrote:Hello all,

We are doing 10.10 integration tests in our beta forums https://ableton.centercode.com to and to make sure this reaches development, please submit bug reports there.

I can give you a little heads up where we currently stand with 10.10 test if you are reluctant to join the beta forums.

So far we have found following problems:
- Indexer not working, meaning your browser will be empty and adding new folders will only display the folder, not the items. [This is fixed already in an upcoming beta which is internal test]
- Not possible to route audio to physical outputs of some, not all hardware [This is fixed already in an upcoming beta which is internal test]
- We have found general problems using 32 bit plugins, you will only see a white gui, or the gui will be garbled and cant be closed. [This is on the side of plugin manufacturers and we have already communicated this to them - its due to a use of outdated boost and juice libraries for compiling the plugins (ps, also reproduced in other 32 bit hosts, so we are sure this resides on the third party side)]. 64 but plugins work as expected.

Here is a few topics where we could use your help:
- Do you have problems loading sets containing MAX objects that contain MXJ objects?
- Do you experience crashes when setting up midi hardware, Bluetooth, wireless in particular?.
- Anything else not on our radar?

Please do submit bugreports and mark them with 10.10 in the header if you find issues not mentioned here. And please make sure you have downloaded the latest developer seed of 10.10 before submitting any reports.

Best,
Mads
Thanks for informing us on the progress. Mads, as well as giving some advice how to best help out with bug reports for 10.10. I have had great fun with Live 9.1.6b2 on Mavericks so far.
It's amazing how much better 9.1.x is than 9.0.x was for me.
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:39 pm

I've been using Live with Yosemite a lot the last couple of weeks, and so far it's all working great with the latest betas. Hopefully it will be a nice, and simple upgrade for everyone.

Yosemite itself is great, really feels like a new OS for the first time in awhile. Nice having updated fonts everywhere.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Tarekith wrote:I've been using Live with Yosemite a lot the last couple of weeks, and so far it's all working great with the latest betas
I really think Mavericks seemed to have some issues with real time audio. Both Ableton and Native Instruments have said things indicating issues that seem to be related to drivers and other things. Are such issues your experience too? If they are, how is audio generally in Yosemite? It sounds like it's just like before (In mavericks) then? What audio interface do you have?

I've have very few issues, if any, since I got the Babyface. Live 9.1 certainly helped too. But I was very frustrated last year, after I felt forced by hardware makers to upgrade as they dropped driver support for Snow Leopard. Which I can understand.
Make some music!