iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Re: iPad

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Woot, just got notice my Air2 is shipping, should be here Friday.

As for the iMac, I probably wouldn't pay that much just for the display. Here's to hoping it comes down in price as they roll out the retina displays across all their products.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Tarekith wrote:As for the iMac, I probably wouldn't pay that much just for the display. Here's to hoping it comes down in price as they roll out the retina displays across all their products.

Well, yeah, but that isn't going to happen in the next year. And when it does it probably won't be by much, or at least not by the $500 more it is currently over the standard screen.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Anybody else’s Mac force install iTunes 12 without permission? Both my roommate’s Mac Mini and my MBA installed iTunes 12 without our permission. We leave the power on and when we got home from work yesterday they had it installed. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:56 am

Came across this story and thought I should post it here. Warm fuzzies; cool stuff
http://t.co/2n82TmQU3e
ImageImage

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 pm

beats me wrote:Anybody else’s Mac force install iTunes 12 without permission? Both my roommate’s Mac Mini and my MBA installed iTunes 12 without our permission. We leave the power on and when we got home from work yesterday they had it installed. :x
Do you have auto-updates turned on?

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Tarekith wrote:
beats me wrote:Anybody else’s Mac force install iTunes 12 without permission? Both my roommate’s Mac Mini and my MBA installed iTunes 12 without our permission. We leave the power on and when we got home from work yesterday they had it installed. :x
Do you have auto-updates turned on?

Yes, but it has never auto-updated Apple developed software that requires a restart which iTunes does. On top of that we got the popup warnings that updates were available for several days. Eventually it just said fuck and it did it without permission.

And technically this is a new version and shouldn’t be considered an update. This should be considered an upgrade. There are all kinds of reasons people don’t want to upgrade to new versions and it shouldn’t happen automatically. It’s like upgrading to Yosemite without permission.

:x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Warning to anyone upgrading to Yosemite: it asks you on the setup screen after it's installed whether you want to encrypt your data. In my experience I would say no because FileVault took forever to encrypt everything and things ran slow during that time. I basically just let it sit for hours. But once it's done and you turn off FileVault it takes the same amount of time to decrypt it all. :x

I'm really loving the new Spotlight though.
Unsound Designer

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:57 pm

stringtapper wrote: I'm really loving the new Spotlight though.
Really ? It was getting on my and even more on Little Snitch nerves till I clicked out suggestions, bookmarks and history, and Bing.
http://www.wired.com/2014/10/how-to-fix ... te-search/

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Major retailers cut off Apple Pay (and Google Wallet) in favor of their mobile pay option that isn’t even going to be available until 2015. :lol: It will have direct access to your bank account. :lol: And you need to give them your driver’s license number. :lol: And your social security number. :lol:

Good luck with all that.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:07 pm

All so they can avoid paying CC transaction fees.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Exactly, while showing little concern for security and privacy issues. :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 pm

In other news, my Air2 finally arrived a few minutes ago. I don't have the Air 1 still for comparison, but it's not that much thinner or lighter than the first one IMO. At least it doesn't feel like it in the hand anyway. Still incredibly thin, maybe it's just me.

The new display is really ncie though, feels solid again when you type on it, and the non-glare screen makes a much bigger difference than you'd expect.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Tarekith wrote:In other news, my Air2 finally arrived a few minutes ago. I don't have the Air 1 still for comparison, but it's not that much thinner or lighter than the first one IMO. At least it doesn't feel like it in the hand anyway. Still incredibly thin, maybe it's just me.

The new display is really ncie though, feels solid again when you type on it, and the non-glare screen makes a much bigger difference than you'd expect.

Nice. I’m skipping this generation and for once I can’t think of anything Apple might slap in next year’s model. Usually there’s some “It’s missing……” but I can’t think of anything this time. So either Apple is going to have to invent some real magic or tablets have finally reached the level of PCs where it’s just spec bumps.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 am

I think I burned a good 8 hrs away exploring the air 2.

But part of that is simply because I've never had one before baha

It does feel that slight bit extra thin though. Like hugging a starved person. I love it

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:59 pm

beats me wrote:Major retailers cut off Apple Pay (and Google Wallet) in favor of their mobile pay option that isn’t even going to be available until 2015. :lol: It will have direct access to your bank account. :lol: And you need to give them your driver’s license number. :lol: And your social security number. :lol:

Good luck with all that.
which ones?

and yeah :lol: @ putting all that info into several apps coded by several company's stellar teams of free thinking monotonous copy cat code monkeys. still, people are just ignorant enough to do it in the the name of convenience.

i was at Whole Foods the other day and saw that they are accepting Apple pay, and why not? it's not as if anyone carries as much cash as it takes to get out of there with more than a handful of items.